Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm not sure this is healthy...

So my cute little 13 year old Hailey is obsessed with this boy like I have never seen anyone obsessed before!!! If you spend any time at all with her, you'd know I am not over exaggerating even a tiny bit. I think she has every space on her bedroom walls covered with his face. She giggles like only a 13 year old girl can whenever she sees him. I think she has seen Twilight at least 70 times...I kid you not!! Yesterday I took her into the store to buy her own copy of Twilight and she cradled it like a baby and got upset when I casually tossed it into the cart. She claims she is married to him and when I mention the fact that I think he likes the girls and likes to party, she tells me that she knows...that they are in counseling, working through this issue!

Now I'm asking you...is this healthy???

10 comments:

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

You are so good to keep up with your blog too. Good luck with the obsessed thing, don't know much about girls and I am getting to the age where I don't remember much about when I was that age? Scary thought. Ya, let me know hoe that goes:)

Carrie said...

That is so funny. At least it's Edward and not Richard Simmons!

Amy said...

I was the same with Kirk Cameron when I was her age. I actually wrote him a letter begging him to become a Mormon.

Sharla said...

Hmmmm, I remember being similarly smitten with a certain Duran Duran member back in the day. Too cute! :)

Jill said...

I think she gets this from her mama. No? Brad Pitt? Taylor Hicks? Who am I missing...there have been a few other obsessions in between.

Hailey said...

well. . . thanks :D i do take pride in this you know.

Hailey said...

Yes, it's true...I have been in love with Brad for years...ever since "River runs through it"...but it's all good!! It's a love affair that Randy knows all about!

Oh and about the Taylor thing...I am so over that!!!

Melissa said...

Oh and sorry, that last comment was me not Hailey. (She is way too young to be in love with Brad...that would just be a little weird!)

Kaesy said...

I love Hailey.

Jan said...

I'm remembering back when my Natalie had her entire room (literally) papered with pics of NKOTB -- most especially Joey McIntyre!! I think it's totally normal.