Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Moms catch you...

So I was sitting with my friend and her three year old daughter the other day talking about what mommys are for. We asked her what do mommys do? She thought about it for a minute and said, "They're nice to you, they scratch your back, they make your cereal and oh yeah... (my personal favorite)... "THEY CATCH YOU WHEN YOU GO DOWN THE SLIDE."

I thought that was the sweetest thing I had heard all day. I am reminded that when you are having a conversation with a 3 year old, you should be prepared for anything. What they have brewing up in those sweet, little innocent minds is anyones guess!

So lucky for us moms, we do serve some very important roles in our childrens lives. Here are just a few more of the glamorous jobs we do as moms...
1. Hold kids hair back while they are vomiting in toilet.
2.Be there with them everytime they get their shots (where's daddy?)
3. Snuggle with them when they climb in your bed at 6am.
4.Just smile and say "Yes I do" when they tell you that you make the best frozen eggo waffles.
5.Try to mend their broken hearts after their 1st bad breakup, in fact go with her/him and egg the bastards house! ok...just kidding
6.And finally the last job we get to do as moms is this...never stop loving and giving up on our child!!

6 comments:

bolingbrokes said...

Amen my friend...very well put...and I would egg with my kids, what kind of mom does that make me...hmmm

Kaesy said...

YOU are so the mom that would egg the bastard's house. I am too. I love that about you.

Kaesy said...

Oh...and I just read the other comment. She must be cool like us.

Carrie said...

classic, very classic.

Jan said...

I love it. Mommys have the most important jobs in the world -- maybe not so glamorous at times, but always the most important and the best.

Sharla said...

So sweet! We haven't reached the egg phase yet-- but I'll call you in a couple of years for pointers.