Thursday, August 7, 2008

I've Reached a New Level of Lazy...

It's true... I've officially become totally useless and lazy this summer. I have watched so much mindless and trivial TV, that I'm afraid I might be TiVo'ng Big Brother 20 this fall, and I have NEVER stooped that low before! Now I would like to claim that I usually watch such educational channels such as PBS, Discovery, CSPAN and the like, but I would be lying. Instead this is what I'm watching...
A little Criss Angel with his "Mindfreak", this show really does freak my kids out. Have you seen this show...it is crazy, how does he do those things? Besides his little lisp, he's kinda sexy (although this new season he is sporting this whole beard and long hair thing which makes him look sort of like a Jewish rabbi).
Of course my summer would not be complete without "So You Think You Can Dance"...yeah, I am living vicariously through these people. I could so beat their butts if I were to go on this show, I just want to give them their chance to shine before I make my appearance.


And of course you've got to mix in a little bit of "Jon and Kate plus 8"....they are just so entertaining to watch. Kate is a little buggy at times...she's very bossy (doesn't sound at all familiar) but somehow I continually watch this show. Those kids are so darling and it always makes me feel grateful that I only have 4 to manage!
And I've already introduced you to my new found love this summer, "Tori and Dean, Home Sweet Hollywood". I am 100% hooked on this show and now can openly admit (after some counseling) that I've also read her book. I know, I know, what has happened to my standards? But I really like this show, I really like her hubby...hubba, hubba!
Shhhhh...have you seen this, the "Dog Whisperer" with Cesar? He is brilliant but I've yet to see him actually whisper to any dogs. He can change any dogs behavior and I just love his accent, in fact I am thinking of becoming his apprentice, do you think he'd hire me? I'd just like to be around him to hear him talk, who cares about the dogs!

Finally "Nanny 911" has also been on my TV watching schedule. Seriously, the kids they find for these shows are sooooo naughty and total brats!! (Of course mine are perfect, so we would never be considered for their show) I think the only reason I really watch this show is because it makes me feel pretty good about my own mothering skills. These kids are the devils spawn...for real!

So that's it for this summers TV guide...insightful huh? Now I have mixed in a few books here and there but don't tell anyone, I wouldn't want to ruin my image! I must go now, I am sure there is something important I am missing on TV...

14 comments:

Jill said...

My favorite line from Jon and Kate:

"I have a weiner. Daddy's have weiners."

You'll recognize it if you're a true jon and kate fan.

We are so on the same tv watching schedule.

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

I am glad that I found you. Don't you love mindless summer TV? Hope to see you at the reunion on Saturday.

Carrie said...

We need to get Chris on SYTYCD, not on the show of course, but watching the show. Good grief that girl needs less baseball and more pirouettes in her life. :)

Hailey said...

Haha, those are most of the ones I'm watching too! And I'm your daughter! Wow I think that's funny how jill put our favorite line from Jon & Kate! I totally just started laughing out loud!:)

tara said...

turn OFF THE TV!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll turn off my computer just as soon as you turn off the TV.
deal?

Anonymous said...

he,he I love all of those shows exept for what is tori and dean?! well anyway Criss Angel mad me cry! I got so nervous and creeped out! I am so proud I introduced you to nanny 911 I love that show!

Love,hOpE

Hayley said...

melissa - after you blogged about tori and dean i added them to my dvr. and am now hooked. want to read the book, just haven't gotten my paws on it yet. thanks!

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

What has happened to you while I have been away? I have to come back and set you straight! Actually, I wish that I could watch some mindless entertainment, but unfortunately (or fortunately) we don't get reception here. When I come back, you can keep me updated on all of the things I missed:)

Jan said...

I'm afraid I'm familiar with pretty much all your shows -- and I agree with you on the Kate thing. She gets on my nerves a lot of the time - although I wouldn't want to be in her parenting shoes either. I'm a lazy bum.

Kaesy said...

I wanted you to know if it wasn't for your first post about Tori and Dean, I never would have stopped for a peek, but I did and i LOVE it too. So, thank you. Keep inspiring those around you! Maybe I'll just have to borrow that book. =)

Lupe said...

I'm so glad we don't live near each other. We would totally veg in front of the tube, getting nothing done. :)

Amy said...

I don't know what I'm going to do now that "So you think you can dance" is over with... I can't watch Jon and Kate - it started bringing on anxiety issues - I just know I'm going to get pregnant with sextuplets next time.

Sharla said...

I admire your devotion to the television arts, and would like to emulate you.

Anonymous said...

thank goodness for the tube..what did we do with our minds before IT! maybe we read, or went for walks or read to our kids, or learned to draw and paint, or sewed, or learned new cooking techniques or played the piano ...
how could we be so lucky to have IT to rescue us from these meaningless boring pastimes -
your mamamia ps my favorite is Design Star which is what I hope to be someday