Friday, August 22, 2008

A little Motivation Please

So last night we went to Hannah's first Volleyball game of the season. I can't believe this is her senior year...it is so weird to have my daughter growing up way too fast. I love to watch her play vball and it's even better when they win, which they did! She has gotten better every year and every season I watch her hit get even more powerful. Last night while Randy and I were watching her I decided I wanted to see her hit REALLY hard this season, like REALLY hard!! So when she got home I told her I would pay her for every hard hit she has in a game. I know, good old fashion bribery...it can work wonders for some kids! But I didn't stop there, I then proceeded to tell her that I would pay her $50 if she breaks someones nose with a hit this season. So what I'm wondering now is, is this proper motivation for a 17 year old? After all, I just want to see her get a bit more aggressive...what's wrong with that? Go Hannah...Break a nose or two!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I knew the second I met her that she's an all-star! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

I got my nose broken once - does that qualify for a fifty, afterall, I'm the one who suffered! Mamamia

And, yeah Hannah, lay it on heavy and while at the net say mean things to them, like, you're a loser, how can you even hit the ball when you're as cross-eyed as you are, I hear your mother wears combat boots and your dad wears ballet shoes, your boyfriend called me last night to ask me out this weekend,...and did you teach your team the team chant, "rah, rah, ree, knick 'em in the knee, rah, rah, ras, knick 'em in the other knee"! I have some more good lines - call if you want to hear them. And don't forget our offer - $$$$ for every A on mid terms and report cards.

Amy said...

Go Hannah! And $25 for every jab to the ovaries...

bolingbrokes said...

nothing wrong with that..I told Connor if he hit a home run I would give him $20 bucks.. I felt pretty safe since he has NEVER hit a home run...two minutes later he hit his one and only home run of the year...love bribery!!

Mindi said...

OKAY, AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN'T READ THE TEXT??? MY COMPUTER IS SO LAME!!

i feel like i need to apologize every time i get on here and make up my own words--but i'm thinking it's about hannah and volleyball. she looks great in her outfit (and i can say that cuz i'm not a perverted old man. just a perverted mother of 4 girls)

Kaesy said...

You would...too funny.