Tuesday, August 19, 2008

All alone

Yesterday was Hope and Hudsen's first day back to school. They were all excited, just a tad nervous and I was ready for the end of day report promptly at 4:00! Here is how it went down:

Me: How was it, how was your first day?

Hudsen: It was great....I love being in 2nd grade! It is soooo cool.

Me: I am so glad. So you met new friends and everything was fine? Was there anyone who was all alone and sad? (Me wondering if she reached out to any new kids...)

Hudsen: Yeah....You!

Ok, not what I had expected but boy does she make me laugh!! Love that baby girl of mine, even if she is growing up way too fast.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

wow now that's pointing out a black kettle huh?

Amy said...

awww! she's SO intuitive - she'll be so good at befriending anyone who needs a buddy.

Jan said...

Time is flying -- and I love it that she knew you would miss her. What a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

but, wait, that was not a passing isolated event - there's more to come where that came from...our baby girls do that, don't they! glad to see you have passed those genes on to her...mamamia

bolingbrokes said...

hold on..I am laughing so hard...it's nice to know our children read us so well...

Kaesy said...

She is hilarious.