Tuesday, June 10, 2008

That was fun...

I just spent my lunch with Hudsen and Hope at their school cafeteria, wow that brought back some childhood memories. Besides my traumatic flashback of being picked up and thrown into the trash can in the girls bathroom (Yes, that really happened to me) these are good memories. Sitting with my girls and all their friends made me remember what it was like to be young again. Some of the things I miss are; Number One...being able to fit in those tiny picnic-like tables in the cafeteria. You should have seen my fat *** trying to climb into the seat...that was a serious task! Number Two...I miss eating blue jello and thinking it was actually tasty. Number Three...the tots, they were awesome! Number Four...telling secrets and giggling until I peed my pants. (Ok, so I still do that...why?, what's the problem with that...don't you do it too? No...?Yeah me too...I was just kidding!)

Yeah, I miss those days!! I loved being a little girl, I loved dressing up and putting on shows in the backyard for my family. I loved singing into my hairbrush, while my (stinker) sister listened outside my bedroom window. I miss covering my bedroom walls with pictures of Ponyboy and Soda and sleeping over with girlfriends. I miss piling into our green van and driving straight through to Florida for vacation. Wow...being a kid was pretty great :) Hope my kids will feel that way some day as well!

12 comments:

Jan said...

Being a kid was great, wasn't it? I had this sweet, safe, small-town-ish upbringing that couldn't have been nicer. Sigh. Great memories!

Jori said...

You just brought back some memories. I loved the school mashed potatoes that they scooped up with an ice cream scoop.

Love the picture of Hope and the dog, that is hilarious!

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

I still do all that stuff, is that weird?

Carrie said...

Back when the cafeteria was like a soup kitchen and we stood in line like a ride at Disneyland--yes, those were the days!

Mindi said...

i thought i was gonna marry pony boy since he was a mormon and all....

i laughed out loud when you described trying to sit at one of those tables--i don't even dare try it!!

Kristi said...

You are such a sweet Mom, Melissa. I did love those school days--playing keep away and getting popcorn on Wedsnesdays (I have issues with food ;) Your kids will love having memories of you eating with them at school!!

Anonymous said...

omagosh - what did u do and to whom did u do it to to get throw in the trash can? this is what I remember about lunch time at Virginia Lake: getting fired from my position as lunch lady (and recess lady) by the principal for letting the boys throw snowballs - not at anyone - but just for fun - for that I got busted! A big lecture in the lunch room followed by the said principal. She emphasized NO SNOWBALLS WILL BE THROWN AT RECESS NO MATTER WHO (that would be me) SAYS YOU CAN! mom: the ex-lunch room lady

Anonymous said...

and now in regards to the pic of Hope and Mocha...FINALLY, MOCHA gets the royal treatment that she deserves by someone in your family!! Carry one, Hope! mamamia-Mocha's one and only true friend

Hayley said...

oh what a fun post. i love that you think you have a fat a. you're smoking crack, honey!

Sharla said...

Thrown in a trash can?! I'm so glad this school lunch was less traumatic. :)

Mindi said...

hey--have i asked you this before? why doesn't your blog let me add it to google reader? did you put a spell on it?

it's a sign of my devotion that i click over old school from my blog. i don't do that with just any blogger, you know. a girl has to have morals.

Krissy Lowe said...

Hey Melissa, It's midnight and Krissy and I are up laughing at all of your funny stories...hope you are having fun in Chicago- can't wait to hear all about it. Love ya- Kim.