Sunday, June 22, 2008

My kind of town...CHICAGO!


Hailey and I decided on Thursday that we would pack up and join my family for a very extended Heck (my maiden name, c'mon bring on the jokes) Reunion in Chicago and left on Friday. That was a quick pack and jump on the plane idea! We are in Carol Stream, outside Chicago, and are heading over to Palatine today for a trip down memory lane. This is where we lived from about 1st grade through my 8th grade year. I have not been back for 22 YEARS!! Wow, lots has changed and I am excited to be here. The reunion got over this morning and now we are free to just explore and have fun! (Not that reunions with 3rd cousins, twice removed isn't fun!!) We will head to downtown Chicago later today and do the city for 2 days, then I'm back on Tuesday night. I'll post pictures later...till then, me and my inner child will be doing some healing and re-visiting the past. Wish us luck!!

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Say hi to Oprah for me.

Jori said...

What the Heck?;) I LOVE that Heck is your maiden name. Cute thing. Have a great time! Can't wait to see your pictures!

Jan said...

Fun times!! I agree on the reunion thing -- I'm good with the immediate family getting together. But for me it's hard when there are a trillion cousins that you just don't know and won't be living near to have the time to get to know. And I love that Heck is your maiden name. Mine would be more likely to be Hell, I'm afraid!!

Hayley said...

oh man oh man, i'm jealous!!! i hope you're having fun! if you drive by fremd, give 'em a wave from me! geez, i love seeing that skyline! can't wait to see your pictures!

Holly O. said...

How did I forget you lived in Palatine??? Have fun!

bolingbrokes said...

what a kick...I am so jealous of you and your sporadic trips...hope you are having the bestest time...I miss you!!

Mindi said...

you should hyphenate your name to "melissa heck-christensen"--that would seriously be AWESOME.


jealous. post photos soon!

tara said...

k lady. you are home and rested. get some pics up here ASAP.

Lupe said...

A true jet setter. Can I borrow some sky miles, I'll pay you back..promise. Enjoy your family and Chicago!

Speaking of family, I just moved into a new branch. I think I'm neighbors with your SIL? Well that's what the RSP told me when she counted all the member that live on my street.

Jill said...

Love Love Love Chicago. Hope you found what you were looking for.

Heather said...

I forgot you were from that area!! I'm so jealous. I hope you had a great time!