Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Is this too scary for kids!?

So I was reading to Hudsen the other night, like I try to do every night, when she brings one of her books to me. It was a Barbie one that we've read before, but for some reason it startled me this time around. All the pictures are of actual barbie dolls that they have posed and took pictures of, they just seemed to unsettle me. Check them out and tell me what you think...

This ensemble of fruit slices and an ugly hat...disturbing.

Barbie seems to be wearing a wig and her bangs look like Skipper cut them...disturbing.This is the news director of the station where career Barbie works. His hair, glasses, goatee...all very disturbing.Again the chick with the fruit slice ensemble and Barbie with her 2 inch waist...disturbing.

The camera man at the news station, is he a lumber jack on the side?

And this is a close up of his feet...are slouched socks back in....disturbing!

I think we should go back to reading "Cat in the Hat", although when I think of that, Dr. Seuss does seem to be in his own hallucinated state as well.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

there are pretty disturbing Barbie dolls and then there are cute dolls like the one that sits parallel to the BDs - she is wearing a top that says "hi!"
....she was my doll and she talked, walked, kissed, wet her pants and other things that were very real. I really miss that little doll who is now grown up and looks like a BD but with much better taste in clothing! Oh, she still walks, talks, and sometimes, when jumping on the trampoline, she wets her pants, laughs and cries but she is much harder to dress and won't sit on my lap. Nevertheless, I'm glad to have this beautiful grown-up doll in my collection. Mom

Jori said...

Ha,ha! I dig your mom. You are right girl DI-STUR-BING. The lumberjack man's socks put me over the edge.

Jan said...

Agreed -- kind of creepy!! But cat in the hat is kind of creepy too, really.

tara said...

that dude babie looks like johny depp a little bit.
C R A Z Y. go get some junnie b. jones or something. that is just weird:)

Angie said...

Don't listen to Tara...that dude doesn't look at all like J. Depp. What the hell is up with his hair? xo

Sharla said...

This just goes to show how Barbie discriminates-- the blonde is all tricked out in Chanel, while the brunette has to wear polyester yellow fruit salad. It's just not right.

Heather said...

Yeah, I'm with you...it's a little weird!

Carrie said...

I would have to say a high dosage of pot is used by authors these days. It's so obvious. Tyson actually has a book called "Everyone Poops!"

Mindi said...

we SOOOOO have this book and i can't tell you how many times i thought that barbie should give up newscasting....so creepy!!!

i love that you would have put this on. and am a little bent that i didn't think of it first!