Tuesday, June 3, 2008

School Carnival

Tonight was Hudsen and Hope's school carnival. And can I say what a nice mother I am...it went from 5-8 and we stayed almost the entire 3 hours. Now that can be long at a carnival no doubt (for me at least), but I dug my heels in and went to work. Ok, so I sat on a blanket and chatted with neighbors almost the entire time, but that still counts...I was present. I did get up and meanered through the crowd in search for my offspring every once in awhile. The girls had a blast and it was a great way to get them to do their chores before we left the house. All in all, it was a great evening of snow cones, cotton candy, nachos, pizza, soda, silly string, gigantic blow up rides and catching up with neighbors. (Oh and my kids did get to indulge in the snow cones, cotton candy, etc as well!)
P.S. This is where the nachos ended up at the end of the night, down my leg and all over the garage floor....NICE...good thing we have a dog!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I have ever seen a bigger smile on Hudsen - she must have been in cotton candy heaven. And what was making Randy so happy? I'm guessing that he was in carnival heaven with his little Missy (that would be you) even if you did have to bring your portable bed blanket. I love you too, little Missy. May all your days be clouds made of cotton candy, all the snow be snow cones, and all the blow ups with ? be just gigantic carnival blow ups. mamamia

Jan said...

Sounds like fun -- and loved the nachos down the leg there at the end. Loved the smiles on those faces.

Angie said...

You are nice...you let your kids get cotton candy. That is a big negative for us...I'd like to say my kids have accepted the idea of no cotton candy...but....they probably sneak it. Oh well. And Mom, you naughty. xo

Jori said...

I loved school carnivals when I was a kid. You are a good momma to take them. At least the nacho's didn't get in your car right?? I think of you every time I look at my messy car. You inspire me to keep it clean.

Lupe said...

LOL! Now that's my type of volunteering!! :) It looks like your family had a great time!!

tara said...

oh my word...did you FLIP OUT when the nacho cheese spoiled your perfect car? someone got a beating last night:)

great big smiles all around last night:)

Hayley said...

ah good ol' school carnival. (ours is next week)

yikes. that mustard is a mess! good thing it wasn't on clothing - doesn't it stain?!?

Carrie said...

Are you saying your dog licked your leg? :)