Thursday, April 17, 2008

The latest...

Thanks for all the well wishes towards Hannah! She definitely has mono and we ended up going to the ER at 4am...she was so miserable and felt like her throat was closing up. Turned out she was dehydrated, in extreme pain and very sick. So after 4 hours, an IV drip, some Morphine and a Rx to take home, we are back. She, of course, is back in bed. Real big bummer for her. The doctors note for school has her excused until the end of June!! That' s the rest of the year...yikes! She is totally out of volleyball...they say that because your spleen enlarges when you have mono, you can't risk getting hit in the abdomen. She will have someone from the school come to the house every week to keep her up with the work she misses but I don't know how that works exactly. Pretty much...she is down for the count. I feel so bad for her, it's going to be a long road back.

Other than that we are fine...some other sniffles and runny noses but that I can handle. Hope everyone else is well....gonna go catch up on some of your blogs:)

9 comments:

Angie said...

Hannah, I'm dropping some goodies (not to eat..sorry) in the mail to you....kinda random stuff. Let me know what (tv/movies) series you like and I'll send. Austin has been home last few days and is bored silly...can't imagine how you are feeling. Love you! xo

bolingbrokes said...

that really stinks...so sorry..nothing like the ER at 4:00 in the morning...get better Hannah and drink those fluids

Anonymous said...

how did you know at 4:00 in the morning that she was in such bad shape? did she make her way up to your bedroom? did you wake up with your mother's antenna reading her vibes? I am so glad you got her the help she needed...it is very scary to feel your throat closing up! I've had it happen. You are on high alert it sounds like, Melissa....good thing because when your kids are sick there's no one they want by their bedside except Mom! Love to you all, Mamamia

Carrie said...

Wow, sounds serious. Sorry to hear. Man that mono and school was such the excuse I was looking for back in the day to miss a few classes. :) Too bad Hannah's is real.

Jan said...

ah, poor Hannah!! I've had mono and my son has had it and it's just not fun. I'm so glad you are there to take good care of her.

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

So sorry for Hannah, at least she knows what is wrong, that is a relief even though it sucks. Hope she feels better soon.

Hayley said...

goodness! poor hannah! i'm glad at least that you know what it is now. get her feeling better! i hope no one else gets it... (mono is contagious... i'm kinda having a brain fart!)

Jori said...

Oh poor Hannah! I hope she feels better soon. That is a long time to be sick.

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry, it is the worst. I have had mono more than my share - in fact, this sounds similiar to what happened to me, except I was in the hospital for 4 days. Good thing she has such a good mom to take care of her. Sleep, sleep, sleep and drink, drink, drink! That's about it for a while! Hang in there, both of you!