Thursday, April 10, 2008

Give Back...

Did you all watch the "American Idol Gives Back" last night? Man I am such a sap and sucker for those kinds of shows. I DVR'd it and then watched it a couple of times. When I see people in need, especially those kids, my heart just breaks. I am then again reminded how lucky and blessed I am to live in this country and that I have a roof over my head, that I am able to feed my family, have health insurance for us and many, many more blessings. I am lucky to have gone through to college and am blessed to know my children can grow up and be anything they want to be! Life is good for us...and I am indeed thankful.

Plus seeing my boyfriend didn't hurt a bit....man do I love that Brad Pitt!

And do you ever watch Oprah's Big Give...that is another show that I never miss. I love the spirit of giving and cry each and every episode. It is incredibly inspiring and I want to be able to give back in any way I can. That show makes me want to be better...watch it if you haven't had the chance to. We can make a change...we can help those in need...try it, it feels so good!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Let me guess...your boyfriend wore that hat just for you. :) Last year we called in and donated. I like to say we saved 25 lives. It's pretty neat.

Mindi said...

you know that i am always wary of telling bloggers that i don't watch this as i'm afraid i'll be shunned. i did, however, tivo this last night and haven't had a chance to watch--this weekend.

i love bratt pitt too.

Anonymous said...

We watched that extraordinary show Wed night too...first time I have seen a conservative Republican on a show with liberal Hollywood! Okay, I also looked at your Florida pics on this blog...I am in one but so is Jim so he's still ahead of me.. Your neglected Mother

bolingbrokes said...

mmmm..he is too yummy!! I watched it too, it was pretty good. how did primary's go, i wouldn't know since you never called me back...LOSER

Rachel said...

I love both of those shows too. I'm such a sap, Nick was teasing me because I literally had tears streaming down my face for 2 1/2 hours....it's heart breaking and makes you appreciate all we have. Oh- and I love Oprah's show...I never miss it. After the show I stay up hald the night thinking of all the things I would do (as if I need another thing to make me lose sleep), but i love it! How did Primary Children's go? Let's do lunch this week. I'll call you!
PS tell Hannah I hope she feels better. I had mono soo bad in HS I had to get hospitalized (twice actually, so make sure she drinks alot - I was so dehyrated - IV's YUCK!). Hugs!!