Monday, March 3, 2008

I can't feel a thing!

So I've just returned from sitting in the dentist chair for almost 2 hours. Let me just say how much I hate the dentist but LOVE the gas they strap on you. When asked if I want the gas, I have to laugh and say..."HELL YES, is there any other reason I'd be here?" Fortunately they did not have to do a root canal, just a lot of digging and drilling and endless torture. They gave me like 5 different shots to numb me and can I just say....I honestly can not feel a thing on the left side of my face. I am numb from mouth to ear...I kid you not!! And I feel like I am drowning in my own spit....Randy might come home from work and find me dead from my own salivia! This is coming from a girl who knows her dentist well...I have had almost 30 root canals (Do you even have that many teeth) and those teeth that don't have the root canal surely have been at least filled from a cavity. I think I have sent my dentist to Mexico and back a buttload of times just by the money he's making on my mouth!

Well, I'm off to try and get something done around here....just as soon as I wipe the drool from my chin:)

8 comments:

Mindi said...

i might be your new biggest fan--loveloveLOVE that someone else uses a naughty word every once in a while. it keeps us on our toes!
my dentist is old school and doesn't go for the gas, so i might have to switch.
and yay for us old chicks!

Jori said...

Oh man, I love the gas too. Tomorrow I get valuum during my scan. Hooray!!

Carrie said...

That gas kills me off...so I guess there is one person that doesn't like feeling high as a kite! Hope you get feeling better before Randy comes home and has to visualize what life is really going to be like in another 40 years! (Wiping your drool!)

tara said...

Are the crazy? Do they not know you AT ALL? OF COURSE you want GAS. DUH!!?!?!??!!!

hope you've got the drool under control:)

Anonymous said...

oh man, that gas stuff is awesome..i would totally get gum surgery all over again just to have a little laugh laugh gas..hee hee..no wonder i have issues

Unknown said...

dO i even have to say it....STOP SWEARING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lupe said...

That numb feeling is so freaky! I can't stop slapping my face to see if I can feel anything yet.

Jan said...

Oh, I hear you! I'm the queen of the dentist myself -- we might need to get together and compare notes. I hate the place but have totally supported the entire dental industry for years.