Tuesday, February 5, 2008

If you think you're tired of seeing this, think how I must feel!

This picture pretty much sums up how I feel! The other day I had gone out back to shovel some of the snow off our patio, mostly just where Mocha walks in and out. I'm a little tired of her tracking snow into the house...Anyways, I left my flip flops out there and much to my surprise it had dumped a foot of snow over night. When I looked out the back window, there were my flip flops, covered in that WHITE CRAP! How dare it snow on my sacred flip flops, especially the ones that had just recently traveled to sunny Mexico and spent 7 glorious days in sand and warm water. What a slap in the face for them, they must have wondered who was playing such a cruel joke! But it was no joke, just more snow! More snow, I must add, then we have seen in many years! It just keeps coming and coming...it's been crazy.

So this is how I feel (the picture says it all)... my heart is longing for warm, sunny weather and harsh reality is just dumping cold, wet snow on my dreams. Oh well...I'll just keep dreaming of sunnier days and stock up on my happy pills:)

12 comments:

Angie said...

Hey, did you ever look into flights from SLC to Orlando/Jacksonville over Spring Break? I have you down on my calendar in pencil...would love to put it in pen! Let me know. xo
Oh ya, suppose to be 85 here today. We are looking forward to skiing in a week...see you then.

Sharla said...

Poor, poor flip flops! You just might have to take them on vacation again. :)

Jan said...

Sigh. I hate the snow. (sorry to not have anything more positive to say!). I agree with everything you said. Yuk.

Jori said...

I can not believe how hard you guys are getting slammed! Head south girl, it's supposed to be 70 this weekend.

Kristi said...

hee! You are funny. I do feel bad for your flip flops...what did they ever do to the weather? Except embrace it and love it. And look how they are repaid :) I hope the snow stops asap for you.

Anonymous said...

note to Melissa...summer is over..put those flip flops away girl!

tara said...

ummm...it's february. In Salt Lake City. Wear boots.

:0)

just kidding. love ya.

Carrie said...

You're hilarious.

It's funny our first visit back to Utah me and Joel had flip-flop tan lines and of course my sisters made serious fun of us. Bet they're all singin' a different tune now!

Hailey said...

Ew snow stinks!!!!!!

Heather said...

Seriously, you need to move to Texas, no snow here. And it's warm in the winter.

Mel said...

I hear ya on the crazy snow!! It's definitely got me wishing for summer. Your poor flip flops. Would you mind if I add you to my blog?

Unknown said...

freakin a, it was COLD in slc. i almost died of cold, fo sho.