Saturday, February 2, 2008

Seaworld Called...

Seaworld called today...they want Shamu returned. That Shamu would be ME! I feel like one big, huge, WHALE these days! Do you ever feel this way, have a bad week, month, life? I have felt so overweight lately and I've got to do something about it. Ever since I went to Mexico with lots of thin people, I've been feeling large. And when I say I need to do something about it, I don't mean just complain...although that is much easier. Why is it so hard to get my butt to the gym? Our gym is literally 1 minute away and I probably pass it at least 5 times a day. But do I go in?....NO...it's like I'll catch the bubonic plague or something. Or what's worse... I'd actually workout or something crazy like that.

So my goal starting Monday is this...go to the gym! Move my fat fanny and get in shape. I am not one who believes in getting on the scale, I just go by how well my jeans fit. And since lately I'm unbuttoning the top button when I sit down, that might be my sign that it's time. So do me a favor and hold me accountable, would ya...ask me if I've been working out.
Till then, Shamu will be working on dropping some LBs!

11 comments:

Carrie said...

You do not need to lose any weight! Really! I have the problem where I can't lose a pound no matter what I try. I heard I should try giving up my Dr. Pepper but that would mean losing my personality and being tired all the time. I don't think so.

Kaesy said...

Well, I don't really feel sorry for you. I walked into my parents' house today only to hear my dad say, "Whoa, you're huge!" and I burst into tears. So there. You are not fat. Or chubby. Or large. Or any other synonyms for fat. But let's be honest: the young, pregnant, squinting, fourth grade teacher IS. Yuck.

Jan said...

I feel your pain. I've been pretty much sidelined with the foot surgeries -- but I'm back on the elliptical (3x last week and a goal of 4x this week which mean I have to get on it today) and trying to work off the flab. I hate it.

Lupe said...

You are cracking me up!!

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

GO MELISSA!!! I am right there with you. I am always told that it is age, ugh! I don't want to hear that. So......get your butt off of the chair, stop looking at your computer and GET TO THE GYM!! (how was that for support?)

Kristi said...

Hee! Melissa, you are freakin hilarious. And I've seen you in pictures and I think you look great! Seriously. But I know what you mean--I pass that dern gym all the time and it stares right back at me and makes me feel nice and guilty for not going.

PS--to do the picture post, all you do is take those questions, answer them, then look up the pictures on Photobucket, and you take a picture off the first page of your Photobucket answer...does that make sense? I can't wait to see your post, darlin!

Sharla said...

Melissa-- I've been feeling the exact same way! We could support each other-- we just have to decide if we support each other in going to the gym, or support each other in justifying a stop at Cinnabon. ;)

Angie said...

Hi Sister...you do look great in the pictures! Are you airbrushing your pics again? (jk)I agree..the scale is our enemy...it's our clothes that will tell us the honest truth. Think baby steps...before long you'll be at the gym wondering why you didn't come sooner. I'm cheering for you! xo

Heather said...

Don't wait until MOnday, go tomorrow. Yeah, but I've seen pictures too, and you look good. Shamu does NOT come to mind...Go to feel good about yourself though.

tara said...

way to be Sister C. If you want support for going to the gym...I'm your girl. If you want a support system in place for when you cave in and go to cold stone...I'm also that girl.
you are no fatty :)

Unknown said...

whatever, you sexy mama! but i'm impressed with your commitment! i need to get my bootie in gear.