Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A whole new level...

So I do believe that I have reached my all time highest level of OCD when it comes to my car! I have said before that I can not stand to have a dirty car, inside or out. This time of year drives me insane and I have to withstand the urge to wash it after ever snow storm, even if I know that it is just going to snow again the next day!

Here's the story: The other day I had just taken my car into the car wash, came home, dried it, vacuumed the entire car, cleaned some spots out of the carpet and so forth. I was doing a great, very thorough cleaning, if I do say so myself! So a couple of the floor mats were really dirty, so I thought I would bring them in the house and scrub them up. Then after that I was going to shower for the day. So I thought, "I might has well kill 2 birds with one stone", although I really am against killing any animal at all, but that is beside the point! So I had the brilliant idea to just bring the mats into the shower with me and clean them while showering! Yup, you heard me...I showered (naked) with my car mats!! I am sure this is quite an odd thing to do, even for me, but it just made perfect sense at the time. And let me say, it worked out quite well, even though they were a tad bit uncomfortable to stand on barefoot!

So there you have it...I am definitely a freak when it comes to cleaning my car. I just hope Randy won't be too jealous and shoot the poor things for seeing me naked :)

Hope your holidays are going well...one of these days I am going to sit down when I have some serious time and catch up on all your blogs...I miss my bloggin friends!!

16 comments:

Jori said...

Why do we listen to Martha? You are the girl with the good tips! Giving the floor mats a little thrill and getting clean at the same time. Sounds alright to me.;)

tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tara said...

just when I thought you couln't get any more anal about your car...

you go and let the mats feel you up...(your feet, whatever:)

Angie said...

That's a good idea...saves water too, I think?! I should try it with my floor-mats....wait, they are Sponge Bob and so that may be a bit weird!

Jan said...

Well -- I just looked at my car today and realized it's a sty. It really is. Usually I"m quite anal about it too but I've been a grandchild-hauler fairly often lately and it's a big mess. I think i need to strip down and take a shower with my floor mats!

Jill said...

I scrubbed my totally sick mats on Saturday in the sink in the garage. I was completely soaked by the time I was finished...next time I'm taking them in the shower.

I shower with my puppy all the time...does that gross you out? It's just the easiest way to bathe her. Work smarter not harder, right?

bolingbrokes said...

seriously...I don't even know what to say to that..you are a total dork:)

Hayley said...

that tops the list of strange things to shower with. i love you melissa. you make me laugh. let me know if randy shoots your car mats!

tara said...

randy is just jealous. The blasted mats are getting more action than he is:)

Carrie said...

I guess I'm just thankful you posted a picture of the mats only! ha ha Funny story!

Holly O. said...

Oooo la la. I'll admit to showering with strange things. Can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I know I've done some weird stuff.

Sharla said...

So, my initital reaction is how crazy it is to shower with your floor mats. But it keeps sounding a little less crazy by the minute. I'm guessing that I'll be doing it myself sometime around mid-afternoon.

Unknown said...

my oh my! you are something! you would pass out and die if you saw my car.

Lupe said...

LOL! As I read 'kill 2 birds with one stone', I said to myself..'Oh no she didn't shower with those mats'...sho enuf..ya did! You are one effecient, OCD mamma...and I like you!

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

Thanks for the visual

Kristi said...

Ok, Melissa? This is why I freakin adore you!! Nothing beats showering naked with your car mats...nothing! Woman, you are awesome--that's all I can say.

(Tara's comment made me laugh, too. :)