Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I am a Man!


OK, so I really don't think I'm a man...I mean I act like a girl, I hate mice, I wear makeup, paint my toenails, can scream like a girl if I had to...I do all those girly things, BUT...here's the thing...I SWEAT LIKE A MAN!

Yes it's true...I have been given male sweat glands! But this just all happened to me about a year ago...some "Freaky Friday" switch-a-roo took place. I sweat under my boobs, on my forehead and especially under the "pits". Can I just say that I HATE it...everything I wear has permanent sweat stains. Come on, how unattractive is that? I could be in the arctic cold in my underwear and still be sweating. I have tried every kind of deodorant made and nothing does the trick. So, am I doomed to the life of a sweaty man? HELP!

12 comments:

Jori said...

Have you tried Certain Dri?? If not get some. It is killer you put it on at night and it drys those pits right up. http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=11764&catid=20&brand=8175&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=20&trxp2=11764&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND

Jan said...

I'm pretty sweaty too -- and honestly i haven't found anything that really makes a difference. I'm going to try Jori's suggestion.

Kaesy said...

Too funny, Melissa. BUT, my roommate in college had the same problem! The dermatologist gave her PRESCRIPTION deoderant. Worked like a champion.

Except use as directed! She got a little antsy and decided to use too much and it almost burned her pits right off. Really. After that though she was dry as toast.

Melissa said...

So yes, I have tried all these great suggestions...not working! In fact I am in slippers and a sweat shirt because I was kinda cold and I am STILL sweating...this sucks!

Heather said...

You aren't very old, but maybe it's menopause??? I don't know I hate to say that because you are SOOO young, but who knows? I sweat like a man too, maybe not quite that bad, but it is gross. I have to change my deodorant often because it stops "working". Hmmmm good luck with that one.

Jill said...

You're not sweating....you're "glowing". See how much better that sounds?

I think it's hormones...sad to say, but our age is right on the cusp.

Unknown said...

nothing like a good sweaty women! :) guys love it...

Hayley said...

you sweat like a man. i swear like a man. only one letter off. no answers for either of our problems, sorry!

bolingbrokes said...

you get botox in your armpits...it stops you from sweating...or you could just keep your arms above your head at all times :)

Kristi said...

Oh Melissa, thank goodness for you. Truly, truly. I am a man, too!! I sweat like a man, too, and I feel your pain. The gym is an embarrassing place for me. But please know you are not alone in this :) believe it or not, this makes me like you even more :)

tara said...

um...I think you're gross.

tara said...

HAAAAA!

kidding. obviously:)