Saturday, October 20, 2007

Please, No More!


So here's the deal...we have 6 TV's in our house, and almost 9 times out of 10 when I go to turn one of them on, Hannah Montana is on. I really think I might upchuck if I have to watch her show again. To say that my girls are Hannah Montana obsessed would be an understatement! She's a cute girl and all, but I can only take so much. The thing is, we are going to see her in concert next Saturday night so I have to be able to tolerate her for an entire night of singing and bopping around! I've got to put my big girl panties on and just deal with it, right? Maybe I can sneak in a pair of earplugs...then I would really look like a dorky mom. I'm sure we will have fun and I really am excited to take the girls...I can't wait to see their expressions...I just need to have a break from that show for the week!

11 comments:

Jori said...

Kaitlin loves Hannah Montana too. She doesn't watch it that much, she's only 4 so is more into cartoons. But oh momma when she does see it she says"Mom I want to rock at the show too." Oh my. You are right, before a concert there must be a blackout of the music so you don't face burn out. Have fun! I am sure your girls think you are the coolest mom ever.

Jill said...

shhhhh....Rachel doesn't know she's going to be in town.

Rachel said...

Yeah!! We are going to the Friday night show. I just got tickets this morning and my girls are sooo excited!! I'm actually super excited to go and see them rocking out to Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers. The things we mom's do for our girls - this ought to get us a few extra bargaining points this week.

bolingbrokes said...

thank goodness for boys:)

Angie said...

Just be happy her father (Billy Ray) won't be there DANCING! Your girls will love the concert..you're a good mom!

Mrs. Walker said...

Oh man! I feel for you! There's something about her lisp that drives me crazy. Does she wear a retainer or something? I love that she is fairly wholesome, but I can only take about one show a day!

Good luck with the concert!

Hayley said...

i don't watch hannah montana, but i hear enough about it. all i do when i hear my students talk about that show is make my "bitchin'" scrunchy face and give an "uh!" that shuts them up. haha

Unknown said...

i have to admit, i'm kind of excited for maya to hit that stage. she's still a little young and hasn't discovered the tween thing yet. although she does like to tell me that zach and cody are her kissing boyfriends.

Kristi said...

Oh, you and your big girl panties always make me laugh, Melissa! Hannah Montana is a hit with Brinley, too and she can be cute, but it can get old, too...I hear you! I bet your girls will LOVE the concert!!

Carrie said...

All these teeny bopper blondes are the same girl, right?

ha ha!

tara said...

I know it must mean that I'm a 13 yr old intellectually or something, but I never tire of Hannah and her wacky friends and family. I just think it's too cute.

Grace is supremely jealous of ya'll about the concert this weekend. Sneak a pic. on your phone. I know you can...you're always sneaking pics:)