Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Axe Murderer!

Well I walked into Maverick this afternoon (I'll give you one guess what I was buying) and I swear the man that was working there was a serial killer! I know it's Halloween time and all but I'm pretty sure he wasn't dressed in his costume. He was this little, mousy, kinda geeky looking guy...acting all innocent like he wouldn't have killed me right there on the spot if there weren't other customers around! Now this isn't my normal Diet Coke fuel station but it is one that I've been to before. I've never seen him before so my hunch is that he is out on parole for killing the 5 Kappa, Kappa, Delta, Welta sorority sisters up at the U! I'm sure this is his disguise for stalking his next victim...but I'm on to him and you can bet I'll be keeping my eye on him! I might even be brave enough to sneak my camera into the store and take a pic of him...I'll pose as the photographer for Maverick Employee of the Month yearly calendar. That way if I ever hear John Walsh talking about him, I'll be the first to call in!

Trust me on this one...I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about!!!

12 comments:

Hayley said...

oh yeah. gas station attendees are sorta scary if you ask me.

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

Which Maverick? I will help you in your quest to find his true identity. I wouldn't doubt it. I mean, it would be the perfect coverup to work at a gas station. Let me know if you need a side-kick!!! I am all over it.

Anonymous said...

I get to the point where I'm pretty sure you can't get any goofier and then you pull a blog out of your butt like this one...Maverick serial killer..I like it

bolingbrokes said...

the last comment was mine...what's up with the anonymous...weird

Melissa said...

So glad you covered for your last comment Chrissy...you had me worried for a minute...I thought he was tracking me down already...Whew!

tara said...

ya, if you hear scratching on your bedroom sliding doors tonight you better wake up RC. You are way to hot to pass up:)

Jan said...

Keep your eyes open -- and keep us updated on this one. I'm good at spying and would offer my help but it sounds like Jen will be your back-up!

Anonymous said...

Now Melissa..serial killers aren't necessarily creepy looking, i.e. Ted Bundy BUT in case this guy is: Don't make eye contact and have someone sample your diet coke before you take a drink!

Kristi said...

Oh my word, Melissa!! You crack me up. It's like my Grandma always says, "You can never trust a Maverick employee." :) They're shady, is what they are...you shoudl htink about getting a job with Ameica's Most Wanted. :)

Thanks for the laugh.

Jori said...

I always think everyone is a murderer too. He probably is! You are smart to keep your eye on him. My policy is Mase first ask questions later.

Unknown said...

eeeks! there are some pretty interesting folks working at the new super target in town. i'm okay with some piercings and all, but there's a line. there's a line, people!

Rachel said...

That's so funny - and just in time for Halloween! Wierd, I've only encountered Maverick employees that are clean cut, super conservative, and highly educated- NOT!!