Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I LOVE this book!

So I just finished reading "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. I love it, and I would recommend it to everyone! When I was reading the final pages I almost started crying. So, I am sorry but you will have to indulge me for a minute while I quote some of my favorite passages!

Death is talking about Rudy -
"Where was Rudy's comfort? Where was someone to alleviate this robbery of his life?...There was only me...I carried him softly through the broken street...He does something to me, that boy. Every time. It's his only detriment. He steps on my heart. He makes me cry"

I love Rudy...I love Hans...I love Liesel...I even love Rosa!

Death is talking about Hans -
"Liesel. His soul whispered it as I carried him. But there was no Liesel in that house. Not for me. anyway"

If any of you have not read this already...boot scoot your booty out to the nearest bookstore and pick this up. It will be time well spent!

Now on a lighter note...my favorite word in the entire book is this...
"ARSCHGROBBLER"..."Saumensch Arschgrobbler" which translates into...Stupid Ass scratcher! Hayley feel free to use this as your word of the day! I know it will be my word of the week if not month. Tara, pass this along to Jeffrey...I think he will work it into his daily vocabulary!

So, what are you waiting for...go get the book and start reading!

PS...so sorry little Hailey, I had to put that word in ...it was a literary must ;)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Now Marsha, you know I don't like you to say those words!"

Jori said...

I just went and picked this up at the library. Can't wait to read it!

Jan said...

Looks like a good one! I'll check it out too.

Heather said...

That was a great book, loved it!!

Anonymous said...

How about I'm trying my hardest to get into The Kite Runner because my friend lent it to me. I'm on page 60 and can't force myself to keep going. Am I lame?

Anyway, sorry it's off the subject of your newest book but I saw it on your favs.

Sharla said...

Isn't it so good? I actually did cry-- and I have a withered heart of stone. ;)

Unknown said...

totally on the list!

Hayley said...

seriously, that book is probably tied with to kill a mockingbird as one of my all time favorites!

Kristi said...

Right ON Melissa!!! I was crying through a lot of this book (because I am a big big baby!) I feel the same as you: it was an incredible book! You have good taste woman :) (And your favorite word cracked me up--nice!!! :)