Sunday, September 16, 2007

There is a first time for everything!

Ok, I know you are wandering...what the heck? And after all I've seen so far in this beautiful city I am choosing to talk about this toilet. But I have to say I was completely thrown by this today. We were at this gigantic flea market and there were just row after row of cool antique finds. Well I found an "unique" find of my own...this toillete. I had to go to the bathroom and asked this lady where they were...she pointed to this. I thought she was mistaken and had lead me to the mens but NO, this is the ladies. You put your feet on the outside and squat...I am not kidding you. It was the most bizarre thing I have seen so far. (Not to mention awkward) So for any of you who haven't seen this before, you can thank me for opening your eyes to this classy and upscale part of Paris!

Ok on to other things...we saw the Eiffel Tower today and it really was amazing. Didn't go up though because lines were ridiculous! And after climbing Notre Dame I thought I'd give my feet a rest. We went to Moulin Rouge tonight and that was fun to see. It is in the red light district, so not a place I'd like to take my kids! On 2nd thought...it really wasn't any worse than Vegas and they've seen that. Tomorrow is our last full day here and we are going to do some serious shopping! Any requests?

And for my last commentary of the night, I have only one thing left to say...
BUY SOME DEODORANT PEOPLE!! I'm sorry and I don't mean to be rude to the French but please, just apply at least once a day!!

We really are having a great time and seeing some fabulous sights...it is beautiful here. So good night for now...sorry I have no french words tonight...I left my english to french translation book in the room! I love you girls (if you are reading this) and be good while we are gone. Big kisses to you all!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Man, the French really know how to build their johns...goodness that looks awful, but you gave me a good laugh regardless. Your trip sounds seriously incredible--enjoy the rest of yourt trip in Paris (shopping sounds like the best way to end a trip)!

Kristi said...

Could I say the word "trip" one more time? Goodness...

Angie said...

I can see it now...cute Melissa pulling our her camera to take a picture of the potty. The French are probably wondering if she is a sheltered American who is capturing the moment in order to show friends back at home. Funny thing...they are partly correct. At least you found a bathroom... at the Eiffel Tower the public restrooms were closed (hello? who closes bathrooms during the day?)and Austin ended up peeing behind a tree. When in France...
Have a great time! Hugs!

Jill said...

You will love the potties in London. YOu have to find one on the street that is completely self contained. You pay 1 pound (steep), but you get your own little stall and sink. After you do your business, it completely cleans itself and is ready for the next person. Love those!.....This post made me laugh though, brought back some good memories...as college students we always used to giggle about what to do about #2. Thought provoking isn't it?

tara said...

what the? I am relieved to say I never encountered a pooper like that in paris...and thank you for not posting a picture of you or R trying to USE that fandangled contraption...but, I did try to give you fair warning about the slight B.O. problem. No exageration there I'm afraid! Hope you are finding me the most fasntastic surprise right this minute:)

kidding...(sort of:)

Now that you are probably close to Engand...allow me to be the first to welcome you to the land of fog and crappy teeth. At least the britts have discovered deoderant. Can't wait to hear all about London...and the fake accent you'll want to bring home:)

Unknown said...

wowzers, that takes the cake. i mean, i can squat with the best of them, but still!

Anonymous said...

ya...atleast the French have a flusher and toilet paper! Not so much in China...just a hole. yikes