Saturday, September 15, 2007

Francais

Bon Jour my fellow American friends...we have made it to Paris. After an exhausting past few days, I am finally giving my barking dogs a rest. And boy oh boy, are these puppies mad! We didn't sleep for the first 24 hours so that we could get on Paris time...and that was not an easy feat! I have never pulled an all nighter...not even in my wildest party days! (So mom and dad if you are reading this or my children...I didn't really have any wild and crazy days, I'm just teasing)
Yesterday we arrived at 6:15 am and went to the Louvre, saw the Mona Lisa (which by the way is quite small but very cool) I almost cracked the DaVinci Code while I was there...I was so close yet so far. Then we went to Notre Dame and swung from the Bell Tower like Quazimodo. That has been my favorite so far. And just a quick note to Chrissy Lou (my workout buddy)...about that working out thing, like doing lunges down the hotel hallway...HELL NO! (Sorry girls if you are reading this) Do you know how many stairs we had to climb to get to the top of Notre Dame...like a million (well actually there are over 400), so take that all you skinny, fake boobed, perky girls I see at the gym everyday!!!!
Today we have went to Versailles Castle, boy I'd hate to be the cleaning lady there...it was amazing and the gardens looked a little like my backyard :)


Then we headed over to Bastille for some exploring although we went at the worst possible time I think. There was some music fest going on, a parade and all sorts of drunken french teenagers EVERYWHERE! I have never seen anything like it and was glad for my sweet innocent Hannah...who I'm sure would never be caught dead at one of those soirees (party, for those who don't speak French as fluently as me) RIGHT HANNAH??

Tonight we went to Champs de Elyssess, lots of cool stores...my favorite was Sephora. I never seen so many beauty products, perfumes, etc in my life. Tara, I thought of you the whole time...you'd been dizzy from all the products and might go into shock. This is a picture from there:(Don't be confused, that is not me in the upper right hand corner)

So I must go now, I'm sure Randy (who is in the room) is wondering where the flip I am...he can't even get me away from this blogging thing in the most romantic city in the world! Poor thing...but don't worry, he's not going without attention (Wink Wink, Nudge, Nudge)

Au revoir ma ami

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour la soeur and R! I was excited to hear you climbed the stairs at Notre Dame. I was worried it may be too much for Randy's knee and for you (even though you don't have an excuse). Vince vowed never to climb them again....something to do with tall man's misery! Did you see the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles? Cool huh! The fountains outside were amazing... hope you took lots of pics. That's funny...I too thought of your yard when I saw all the gardens...fabulous! Enjoy your time in Paris...soak it all in and enjoy your time with R. Bonsoir! Ang

Kimmie said...

I love your BLOG! Ive been reading it from begginning to end. You have found your calling in life! Be a writer... you are sooo good at it! I'm crackin up at all of your comments. Sounds like you're having a blast in Paris! Jealous but happy your there! Have fun! Kim

Anonymous said...

hello mom it's me Hailey. i miss you soooooo much i hope you have a good time but i really want you to come home. please call and email as much as possible. i love you soooooo much! ps why would you take the o out of hello???? thats naughty. im telling on you.

Rachel said...

Wow - what a trip. It sounds like you are having an amazing time. A agree with Kim - you really should be a writer - can't wait to hear about your next adventure - Bon Jour!

Kristi said...

Melissa, you crack me up! I love your sassy posts! hee! And can I just say France sounds fabulous! I cannot believe what a party girl you are staying up all night (you rebel)--I Love that you are still blogging on your trip! keep us updated ;)

Hayley said...

Melissa C is the same person as sister c from tara's blog. you grew up in palatine? we lived in hoffman estates, but i went to fremd! when did you graduate? crazy!?!

p.s. i went to paris about two years ago, it was awesome! i loved it. have so much fun!

tara said...

hailey C...you KILL me girlie:) you remind me so much of your crazy dad...(and that's a good thing...well...most of the time:)

YES! I think that store would have put me into a cosmetics coma. It's right up my alley. I loved Versaille too...
way to blog on the run...I lOOOVE that you are searching out places to blog:)
HAVE FUN!!!