Sunday, September 23, 2007

A little peek at where we've been!

Get ready for some pictures...I'll try to just pick a few, I only took about 300 or so...don't worry!
Enjoying a hot beverage outside a cafe in Paris on our first day!

This was one of my favorite spots in Paris, Cimetiere Du Pere Lachaise (A really old cemetery)
So beautiful and amazing (Jim Morrison is buried here)

Found my new boyfriend at the top of Notre Dame!! He's a looker, eh?
Oh Paris, city of love and romantic sights...like this one straight up the ole nostrils!
This is for real...this sign was in the restrooms at the Tower of London. Didn't know they had such distinguished awards over in England!

Randy outside the Gardens at Versailles Castle, glad I don't have to cut the grass there!

This was in a tiny little outdoor antique market in Paris.

Me and the Beefeater at Tower of London...looks like we both like to eat a little too much beef!


London calling...Cheerio Mate!


This was out in the English countryside, in a town called Lower Slaughter. So quaint and tranquil (if you ignore the name)First time I saw this in England I just thought the "I" was missing (I obviously didn't read the entire sign) Soon I realized this is just like a "To Lease" sign over in the States. I am so brilliant I know!!

Westminster Abbey, really beautiful...couldn't believe how many churches are over there. Almost as many LDS chapels as in SLC (like one on every other street corner)


Felt like I was in a fairy tale...the houses were so small and I was on the look out for the seven dwarfs singing "Hi Ho" on their way home!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the hilarious commentaries on your trip...you saw a lot in such a few short days but you don't look the least bit tired...that diet coke sure is sustaining...(wrong,this is your mother speaking) can't wait to see the rest of your pics...we girls are going to have to plan a trip for ourselves there - maybe when I turn 65 which is about 20 years from now, I think...luv, Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh lady I am so jealous. Look at me, spending my Sunday afternoon fantasizing about being in Europe on vacation...instead I can only fantasize far enough to remember your blog and look it up. I'm so glad you had fun and are back safe!

Rachel said...

I love all the pictures - I feel like a little piece of me was there with you. I really need a vacation but since that's not happening anytime soon, especially London and Paris - I'll just live vicariously through your fabulous trip. Can't wait to see all the photos - Glad your back!

Lupe said...

What great pics! You and your hubby look so cute together! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to visit England and Paris! Glad you had a fabulous time!

Heather said...

The trip sounds great-those are some of my favorite places to vacation! I agree on the food in England, just so so. I have heard Italy is great though, but I've never been there.

Kristi said...

Gorgeous pictures! Westminster Abbey is BEE-utiful, goodness. That picture "To Let" made me laugh because I though the EXACT same thing as you (those idiots ;). Man, I wish I could win an award for my bathroom...thanks for sharing all your pics, melissa!

Unknown said...

sounds amazing! love the pic with the beefeater! nice!