Sunday, September 23, 2007

This is it...I promise!

Randy in Notre Dame (probably praying that he will survive the 9 days stuck with me)




Oh I know, you are probably getting so sick of me talking about my trip and what a fabulous time we had and blah, blah, blah, shove it in my ear...right? So this will be the final writing of my 9 day adventure to Europe. (I think)

In short, views were fantastic; food was so-so; finding my diet coke when in need, a definite plus; frying my flat iron the day we got there, Sucked; buying a new one for way too much (I won't even put the price, in case RC reads this) Sucked; finding out the plugs were different in England than in France and couldn't use the flippin Louis Vuitton flat iron, suck, suck! Spending lots of time with Randy;great...except when I wanted to do some serious shopping then I needed him to just find a bench and have a seat! Seeing Wicked and Grease (which we paid for twice 'cause we missed the first show 'cause I got the days mixed up and then proceeded to throw the temper tantrum of a 3 yr old 'cause I REALLY wanted to see it); thoroughly entertaining!

Overall...a trip of a lifetime and one I won't soon forget. Thanks babe for being my traveling companion and keeping me in stitches with your great French accent...I love you!

But I'm happy to be home and see my girls... even if my house is not so clean and my laundry room looks like the entire contents of every shelf and closet in my house is now on the ground!
I am happy to be blogging away and catching up on all the posts that I missed this past week. Even if I am going a bit overboard...Hailey told Randy tonight that she hates when I blog because I am the worst listener. Ok, I'll try not to be so obsessive!

Goodnight my friends, sweet dreams.

Me coming out of the bell tower in Notre Dame, acting like Quazimodo. Wow, look at those rolls, take it easy on those pastries Missy!

11 comments:

Lupe said...

Okay, watching your temper tantrum would be thoroughly entertaining. HA! HA! I would've spent top dollar for that show :)

Wow! I wouldn't have thought Englad and Paris had different plugs?

Welcome back!

Heather said...

That stinks about the flat iron, can you use it here? The laundry sounds...like a total joy-welcome home :) haha

Anonymous said...

what no pictures this round? would love to hear R's frenchie accent..was it as good as your British one? Was frying your iron tantrum the same as wanting to see the show tantrum? I've seen the later a few times (ages 2,3,5,9, l0,11,l2,13,14,15,16,17,18 - think that was when I was administered to the hospital and put on drugs which continues to this day, but don't take that too hard because now I can deal with tantrums)-enough about me. Remember when you were a Merry Miss and I wrote you a poem and it said you're the cherry on my sundae, the sun in the sky, the diamond in my ring, etc., well everytime I read your funny blogs I want to add that you're the clown in the circus of my life...more funny please - the Mimster

Jill said...

So glad you're home. Loved all of the European updates.

Here's a tip...write about your kids, then they won't complain when you blog. Hence, my tribute a plenty to Coley. It works, I tell ya.

How was your first big gulp when you hit the states?

Carrie said...

Hi Melissa C - Are you the pretty blonde in this picture? I'm surprised I haven't met you (or have I?), I've met most of Christine's friends but then again she has about a billion! Thanks for your comments on my blog, I'll be looking at yours now, take care of Christine for me!

Kristi said...

Like I said: you are a total babe, Melissa! I loved the highlights of your trip (entertaining indeed!) and I am SO jealous of your fabulous trip! So glad you enjoyed it, too...(and your back to blogging ;)

Sharla said...

I am sooo not tired of your fabulous travelogue! It looks amazing. I'm living vicariously through you, and soaking up all your wisdom-- because we're planning this trip for next year for the big 15th anniversary (I was married when I was 12, of course!). I've already picked up so many great tidbits from you-- like, "oy, oy!" :) And now that I know I can get Parisian RGB's, I'm just that much more excited. Glad you had such a great time!

Jori said...

I am so completely jealous of your vacation! It looks like it was just fabulous.

Angie said...

Hi Sister! Glad you're home...have enjoyed all the pics you've sent. You look so pretty. I'm so happy you had a good experience in Europe and have lots of stories to tell. Want to join us in Italy in Nov. 08? Would love to have you join us...will be lots-o-fun! xoxo

Melissa said...

Ang...we'd love to join you in Italy in 08 if we can take out a 2nd mortgage on our home by then and if I suddenly win the lottery and if Randy suddenly gets drafted by the NBA...hee, hee...It was very expensive!! Can't wait to talk to ya, go take a nap sister!

Unknown said...

looks like a serious blast! you're so cute!