Friday, September 21, 2007

Heading home...thanks for the memories!

Well we made it to the end of a very long, fun, and exhausting trip! I can't believe how incredible it has all been and I feel like we have seen so much in such a short amount of time! We leave early in the morning and I'm going to be really glad to get home and see my girls!

Last night we went to the show, GREASE, it was fantastic and fun. And no real British accents that I noticed because Sandy and Danny were from the States. Today we went out to the English countryside, saw Oxford University and the Cotswolds. Absolutely breathtaking!! (Great suggestion mom, you get an A) Oxford was very cool and old... Hailey would be so jealous because we saw where alot of Harry Potter was filmed. I was hoping to take in a quick game of Quiddich but no luck, besides my nymbus (sp?) 2000 had broken down. We looked all over for Harry but didn't spot him...but Hailey, dad did bring home the closet thing he could find. While we were in the countryside R and I went into this old, quaint tavern to eat. It was one of the highlights of my trip! We sat next to this old British couple, probably well into their 80's, and couldn't help but ease drop. They were the cutest couple and I was having a ball listening in on their conversation (by the way after 9 straight days with your spouse, love ya RC, you start to listen to alot of other people talking because quite frankly you are sick of talking to the same person over and over!!) But anyway, at one point in the conversation the wife said, "You know dear I am highly suspicious of salads" Which the husband replies with, "Oh yes, I know dear, so am I." But imagine it all said in a very English accent. I almost asked them if I could take their picture holding their salads! Chrissy Lou...you would have loved it.

Well I must run...have to go pack and fit all my crap in my suitcase which is now the size of a small house (My stuff that is)! Lots of love and I'll post lots of pictures when I get home. (Sorry no pics while in London, can't get this computer to cooperate!)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like an amazing trip. How in the world did you get Randy to go for two musicals? I'm in awe and totally impressed with Randy - Kuddos to you Randy, you're a good man. I can barely get Nick to fork over $8.00 for a chic flick - yes still in awe. Well can't wait to see you and see all your photo's. Hope you have a safe flight back and that the jet-lag isn't to bad. See you Sunday at my house. Cheers!

Hayley said...

ok. i'm ready for you to get home cause now that i know you're from palatine, i wanna talk! hope you had a fun trip!

Melissa said...

Miss Jones (Ok, what's your first name...I get confused with who is who in this blogging world of Tara's) Yes I lived in Palatine until 1984...I am much older than you, we moved away after my 8th grade. So I didn't graduate from there (obviously) but my sister did. Where did you say that you are from...I guess I could go back through all the past comments but that would require to much wk on my part...and since I am suffering terrible jet lag, that's just not gonna happen :)

Kristi said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip, melissa!! Harry's Potter and all (and so glad you found some Diet Coke along the way :) Your husband IS very impressive to go see Broadway with you--I am so jealous right now ;)