Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Meet the newest member of our family...



So my birthday surprise came a few days early and I could not have been any more shocked or surprised!!! Today was an absolutely crazy day and I felt so stressed and overwhelmed with kids schedules and all the day to day happenings. I finally managed to get home around 9pm when the girls opened the door and told me to go straight to the kitchen. In all honesty, I wanted to get straight into jammies and into my bed but I did what I was told. You see, Randy is going out of town in two days and so will miss my birthday and he wanted to celebrate tonight. He had all the gifts wrapped and the cake was ready and it was party time. So I started opening my presents, which were all great by the way, but he kept hurrying me along and I couldn't figure out what the rush was. Sheeesh, I'd been running all day, can't I just slow down and enjoy the moment! So he then tells me that Hannah has one more gift for me and up she comes carrying this sweet 6 week old chocolate lab...WHAT?!!! I was so not expecting that and I have to admit I was in shock for a while. We had been kinda joking about getting one but had never talked seriously about it. Well low and behold...her she is and my kids had known about it before hand and they were so excited!! So now we will be having 2 female chocolate labs in the house. I'm not so sure about this. But I have to admit....she is soooooooooo stinkin cute. Still searching for a name for her, we are thinking either Molly or Marley, we think either goes well with Mocha! I guess Randy was thinking I needed something to keep me busy during the day....thanks babe, I love all my presents!
Posted by Picasa
UPDATE: We went with MARLEY!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

goo goo gaa gaa - CUTEEEEEEE-not fair!! u have 2 and I have 0...something is wrong with this picture especially since I love Mocha and wee little one more than you do! they should really be mine!! mamamia

Angie said...

I'm so surprised! Parker is going to get on my case about how you have two dogs and we have nothing (goldfish went bye, bye the other day). Enjoy the cuteness! p.s. Marley is my choice...Molly is too much like Mo. Jude had a lab named Mavis...cute too. xo

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

So stinking cute! My grandpa just got a chocolate lab for his birthday. He is the best tempered dog. Just snuggles right in with you. He is beautiful.

Kaesy said...

Oh my! I love her! There definitely needs to be another Marley in the world so do that one. Then our Marley could come chase her around. I love puppies. They bring so much energy to the house. Happy Birthday to you! Virgos are my favorite!

bolingbrokes said...

me LOVE her!!!

Kristi said...

Oh my, your dog is A-dorable!!!!! I love the name Marley and I am so excited for you :) What a sweet husband :)

Kaesy said...

Yeah! I love that you named her Marley!

Sharla said...

Cute puppy for a cute family!

Jan said...

Oh, so sweet!! Happy birthday to you! And who wouldn't love that little pup and her sweet face??! I love it!