Monday, May 19, 2008

Please Welcome Our Twins...

I am proud to announce the arrival of our latest addition to the Christensen Family...in fact we are doubly (is that a word?) blessed. We've got TWINS!!! (See Brad, I could be having YOUR Twins!) And can I say that I am one proud mommy...they are beautiful. They are quiet...hardly making a peep, they're hard working... so far they don't complain and I am in love with them. Ok, ok...so what if I am talking about my brand new washer and dryer...See R, I'm not that hard to please! But let me back up a second...last Thursday our dryer died, just up and died without warning...for heaven's sake, I still had wet clothes in the washer. It is true that for the past few years our dryer seemed to be taking longer and longer to dry. It was getting annoying, but I worked with it. So when it completely stopped working I wasn't that surprised. So later that day Randy and I found ourselves looking at replacements. Now our washer was still going strong, but who wants to buy a brand new dryer and put it with a 20 year old washer...that just wouldn't be right, our washer might look into getting a lil plastic surgery just to keep up!! So lucky for us we were able to purchase a brand spankin new set and have it delivered the next morning....Sweet!!!

So Friday morning rolls around and here they come, into my home and my heart. I couldn't wait to do the laundry...in fact all four of the girls were excited to welcome our new addition. That day was great but as it rolled on I noticed the dryer was taking forever to dry our clothes. Something was not right but R was out of town so I tried to fix the problem myself. In fact I went to bed that night reading the whole entire owners manual, trying to figure out what might be wrong. The next day my handy sister Ang (more on her visit later) happened to be flying in to see me. So together we set out to solve the problem. We figured something was probably clogging the filter, because the dryer was getting sooooo hot! We pulled a bunch of crap out but it was still drying slow. So when R came home last night he went straight to fixing the problem. To make a long story short (cause this has been short so far)...he found the problem after hours of climbing on ladders and using the shop vac, a broom and a plumbing snake (Thanks babe, you rock) Here's the culprit....

He said he pulled about 3 times this amount out of the vent going into the house. Apparently some birds have been very busy!!! So keep in mind that where they were making their nests is where the hot air comes blasting out. We figured this had probably been here for years, probably before we moved in 'cause our house sat empty for a year! No wonder it took FOREVER for our clothes to dry.

Well anyways, just wanted to share (that very long) story (sorry) and officially welcome the newest members of our family....don't be jealous though...you can go adopt your very own just like Brangelina!

11 comments:

Angie said...

Yeah for Randy, Melissa and Me..we are good problem solvers! Mostly Randy for doing the hard part...all that straw, poop and dryer lint...yuck! Glad you got the problem fixed...would hate for you to burn out one of your new babies! xo

Amy said...

awww...they are beautiful - and you probably didn't get any nasty stretch marks either - so happy for you!!

bolingbrokes said...

wowzer..I want twins too...they are two good looking pieces of fine equipment..congrats..have you named them yet?

Rachel said...

Yeah - there just beautiful! Washing and drying never seemed so fun! Enjoy!

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

Hooray for birds, I think that I am going to start putting bird seed in my vents so that I can get my own set of twins, (and to think I was done:)). They are gorgeous and look a little bit like Randy.

Jan said...

Oh, I love them!! I want them. It's interesting how you know you're really an adult when you are in love with new appliances.

Mindi said...

why is it that we all get so frickin' excited for household appliances? i am right there with you--the happiest day was about 2 weeks ago when i got a new dishwasher.

they are lovely. congratulations, melissa.

Jori said...

Very nice, and they won't poop and pee all over the place.;) South Jordan birds must really love dryer vents. I had a friend in S.J. and her vents had birds in them and some how a bird got in her dryer(she turned on the dryer and fried it-ewwwww!)

Heather said...

You'll love your front loaders!! Making laundry fun again...well almost anyway :)

Kimmie said...

You make me laugh Mel!! Love the beautiful new set. Just so everybody knows....Melissa was sooooo excited about her twins that once she had washed everything she could from her home she came over and got all of my dirty laundry took it home and kept those twins a humming! Thanks you Mel! There's nobody quite like you! I love ya tons! Congrats on the new arrivals!

Sharla said...

Gorgeous! :)