Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ewww Gross!


I am sure you all can relate to the following reenactment;

1:00 am Hope comes staggering into our room. "Mom, I feel sooo sick, I think I might barf"

Me, (I am so nice) "Go get a bucket, don't throw up on the carpet"

Hope, " I really feel sick"

"Ok, I'll make you a little bed on the floor and get you some Pepto"

I am starting to come out of my sleepy haze at this point and get up to take care of her.

1:30, Hearing lots of moans and groans......Throw Up hits the bucket.

"It's Ok, just get it all out, you'll feel better afterwards." I get up, turn on light and hold her hair back for her, trying the whole time not to inhale through my nose.

She finishes and we go into bathroom to clean her up, get her a drink and a cold washcloth. Get her tucked back into make shift bed and kiss her goodnight. (Although kiss is far from her lips...try forehead)

"K Hopey, try to go back to sleep"

"I am so sorry mom, thanks for taking care of me. I'm sorry I woke you up. Thanks"

...and that last line makes it all worth it! Man, I love my kids, even when they are in the throws of barfing :)

9 comments:

Lupe said...

What a sweet kiddo. I'm glad she's feeling better. I giggled at the "don't throw up on the carpet" part :).

Amy said...

Poor Hopey! I hope she's feeling better. She is such a sweet girl...takes after her aunt...no not that aunt...ME! :)

Anonymous said...

what we do for our children in the name of love...it's nice when it comes back to you, huh! I remember cleaning up a few messes you made but it didn't stop me from hanging in there and seeing through the "gross times"...and look at you now, you cleaned up real well! love you, Mom

Angie said...

You think that's sweet...my kids can somehow hold their barf in their mouths until they get to the toilet. It's so gross I tell them just let it fly where ever...holding it in the mouth makes me want to hurl! Get well Hopey. xo

Kaesy said...

She is so cute. I got teary eyes again. How about it's so HOPE to say, "Sorry I woke you up" because she's sick as a dog throwing up. The next day she told me she was sorry she was absent from school (for four hours.) Pretty thoughtful little girl. Love her.

bolingbrokes said...

Bless her little heart...hope she feels better soon!

Sharla said...

Awww, sweet litte thing! It seems like they get extra cute when they're sick.

Jan said...

How sweet that even when she is barfing, she can say 'thanks for taking care of me, mom'. I love that. Hope she's feeling better.

Hayley said...

i'm so glad she has someone to take care of her, too! friday when i was puking - i had to hold my own hair back. not fun!!!