Friday, November 30, 2007

I've done it!!!




Well I did it...I managed to put up my tree and all the other Christmas decorations in 2 days!! That might be a record in my book...I hate to say it but this is not my favorite thing to do. I know you are probably thinking..."Bah Humbug", but it is just sooooo much work. I am always glad when it is done but I turn into "Miss Cranky Pants" while I'm doing it! I have to get about a million boxes in from the garage and then unpack them all so I can see what I have and where I should put it all. This in turn causes total chaos in my house and so I must hurry if I don't want to go insane. I have to admit, I like having an organized and clean home. And even if it's not totally clean, it has to be at least picked up! But now it is done and I have a month to enjoy it...then start the process all over again.
'Tis the season, right? A season filled with peace, joy, happiness....oh come on, whoever said that must've been living in a monastery!!

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Your house is beautiful! I'm thinking you should invite me over for dinner and hot chocolate! :) Cute decorations and good job!

Do you miss Chrissy like I do?!

Jill said...

so jealous. just need to get rachie baptized today and then we'll pull out the decorations. I hate it too.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you are way farther ahead of me..in fact, after last year I am a bah humbug so this year I am not putting anything up but an arrangement on my foyer table. But I am gonna enjoy YOURS!

Hayley said...

that tree is gorgeous! i don't love putting up christmas, either. but once its up, you enjoy. right? ;) hopefully this week you'll get something cute to add to it!

Jan said...

It looks beautiful! Good idea -- I think I"ll take some pics of our house too. I tend to get testy while we're working on it too - nice to know I'm not alone!

Angie said...

Your pictures get me excited about coming and visiting over the holidays. We had a party at our place last night and another planned for Friday. That was my inspiration for getting decorations up early...now I'm enjoying them! Did I tell you I am now renting a storage unit just for Christmas decorations. Quite handy!

Sharla said...

Lovely! It just makes me want to show up at your place for doughnuts and cider!

tara said...

oh bummer. I love your house at Christmas and I won't see it this year:( post MORE pics:)

Kristi said...

Can I just say a) freakin gorgeous, and b) can you come to Texas and decorate for the holidays for me? That's not too much to ask, is it? I seriously love what you've done, Melissa. You have skillz...

Unknown said...

it looks sooo gorgeous!

Jori said...

Very,very pretty!