Saturday, November 10, 2007

Bach, Beethoven &...Hayley!

Today I had the pleasure of going to Hope (future Bach) and Hailey's (Beethoven) piano recital. Of course they were great although you would've thought Hailey was having a root canal...needless to say, she didn't smile much! Watching your own children is fine...it's just all the other songs you have to listen to. Not to diss those other kids, it's just that how many times can you really listen to "Camp Town Races" without wanting to pull your eyelashes out, one by one?

We survived and I really am proud that they play the piano...I was a stinker when I was young and finally convinced my mom to stop making me play. Now I wish I would've stuck with it...boy, how many times have I said that before?

After that I finally got to meet Hayley for lunch....Yea! I thought about wearing a bike helmet to meet her for the first time, but didn't know if I would've offended everyone around me. We had a great visit...chatted for about 1 1/2 hours and then parted ways. She is really one cool chic and soooo easy to talk to! So thanks Hayley, hope I didn't gross you out too much by dissecting my sandwich in front of you. So now that I've meet Hayley, Holly, and even Heidi, I've just got to meet Heather to complete the 4 H sisters! I really did enjoy getting to know you better Hayley!

So tonight Randy and I are headed out for a date...dinner and the spa! Sounds delightful, huh?
Hope everyone out there in blogging land has a great weekend! Chow...

10 comments:

Hayley said...

the pleasure was mine! i had a great lunch (dissecting wasn't even noticed!) and i loved the conversation... so fun to meet blogging people. have a great night!

Anonymous said...

I was forced to play piano growing up...hated the recitals even worse..but now that im older it was actually worth it...keep it up girls..good job...

Unknown said...

yay for your little piano prodegies! i was a stinker like you and...regret it, like you. yay for hanging with hayley. she's the coolest. hope your date was fun. dinner and the spa? how could it not be?

tara said...

so...did you feel-up chuck? that's the real question...

Good job on the recital girlies:)
Hope you and arce had...fun:)

Kristi said...

That cracked me up about pulling your eyelashes out one by one :) Good one! But it sounds like your girls did fabulously--good for them for learnin' the piano (I'm just like you, too. How many times do I wish I knew how to play now? bah!) And so jealous of lucnh with you and Hayley (she rocks) and date and spa!! Man you live the good life ;) I hope you had a wonderful time!!

Sharla said...

Amen, sister, on the listening to other kids! But congrats to Bach and Beethoven on their performances!

You date sounds dreamy....

Heather said...

How did you meet Heidi? Now I'm jealous ;)

Jan said...

Yay for the recital - speaking as a piano teacher, I hear you on the eyelash-pulling out thing. There are times I just want to cover my ears at hearing the same dang song AGAIN!!

Hayley said...

tara - she didn't feel up chuck. it was just the two of us lunching. that would've been a little awkward. i'm comfortable if i'm just making someone else awkward in a group - but not just a twosie.

and, heidi & fam came in and ate at kneaders, too. we chatted, melissa got to meet the kids, but - we sat by ourselves.

just to clarify.

Holly O. said...

Fun fun! You even met Heidi. Lucky girl.