Sunday, October 7, 2007

Reflection

On this Sunday I have many thoughts about those that I love and what my role is on this earth. I know...pretty deep subject for me...but I do have a serious side. During this past week there have been trials come my way and to others I love. On Monday we found out that a lady in our ward had leukemia and was sent directly to the hospital for a month. She is young, has 5 children, the two youngest being 1 year old twins. I can't imagine the change of life that came immediately to this family. Then yesterday my dear friend Kim got a call that her younger brother was in a serious car accident and was unsure of his outcome...they found that he had extensive brain damage. She flew to California immediately to be with him and her family. So my prayers are with these families and I pray that they will be comforted during these long days. Today we had our own little crisis in our home, a little too personal to discuss, but let's just say that it was a wake up call for me! What am I doing as a mother, am I doing enough, do I show all the love that I can? These were just a few questions I had to ask myself, some I don't have the answers to.

So to say that I needed to hear all the words spoken at Conference would be an understatement! I needed to be reminded that the Lord is here...that I need to keep the commandments...that there is a bigger plan for us, one that I can't fully understand. I need to love those around me, I need to re-focus myself on my family, I need to not beat myself down. I need to put one foot in front of the other and do the best I can!

So to those of you that I love, thank you...thanks for being in my life and for supporting me in times of need as well as times of laughter. Thank you to my Savior for showing me the pure love of Christ...for showing me the way. Now it is my job to follow.

9 comments:

Jan said...

Conference for me is always a time of reflection - I really appreciated your thoughts and insights. I think 'endure to the end' is just that -- keeping one foot in front of the other.

tara said...

miss,
I love you. You ARE a terrific mother. A caring, thoughtful, spiritual mother, not to mention wife, sister, daughter, and friend. Jan is right. One foot in front of the other is sometimes all that we can manage.
I love you my friend.
tara

Anonymous said...

Amen to everything you just wrote..I love listening to conference..it helps to put things back into perspective for me..thank you for your insight Melissa.

Rachel said...

Thanks Mis for so eloquently saying exactly how I was feeling today. I love Conference and am always so uplifted and determined to do better. I especially felt inspired by Elder Oaks talk about Good/Better/Best. I really needed to hear that. I was also touched by Elder Costa's talk "if tomorrow never comes". I take for granted so many things in my life and this was a wake-up call for me. I couldn't help but to think of those who are faced with extremly difficult struggles right now. "TODAY IS THE TIME TO SHOW YOUR AFFECTIONS! DON'T LEAVE FOR TOMORROW WHAT YOU CAN DO TODAY!"
I am so grateful for sweet prophets and leaders who uplift and remind us of what really is important. Mis, I am grateful to you, and all our dear friends, and I feel so blessed to have a wonderful family and group of friends in my life. Thank you for all the joy you bring to my life! I Love You and your beautiful family!

Hayley said...

melissa, i know we haven't met (yet) but you sound like an excellent mother. i think being a mother is so challenging - especially to girls. i don't know how my mom survived us 4. just keep praying for strength - for you and them!

Jori said...

I can tell you are a great mom and really love your girls. I am glad that conference brought you some peace.:)

Unknown said...

conference is always such a boost, isn't it? happy thoughts to you in getting thru your trials! keep on keeping on!

Kristi said...

Right on, Sister C! :) You said it beautifully--I appreciate your thoughts on motherhood. Putting one foot in front of the other is A LOT. I think you are one fun and fabulous person and I hope you get through this trial swiftly :) You're in my thoughts, girl.

Lupe said...

Big Hugs! You can get through anything with faith in the Lord. You're a fantastic wife, mother, and friend. I wish we can meet one day, because you're awesome!