Sunday, October 28, 2007

Dog Thief

Warning: If you are president of "Save the Ducks" or one of it's members, I can not be held accountable for offending you with the following story:

Ok, so I don't often share stories about our dog...I love her and all, but who really wants to read stories about a dog that is not theirs (ok, maybe my mom...she loves Mocha). And I'm no Ellen...I won't be delaying my show (ok, I don't have my own show, but I do have my own blog) to stop and boycott some animal adoption center!

Anyways, you should know by now that my husband is an avid hunter...and when he goes duck hunting he takes our dog, Mocha, with him. She's a pretty good hunting dog... after they shoot them (the ducks), she retrieves them. Pretty simple, huh? So yesterday morning he took Mocha out to do just this. His friend that goes hunting with him has a dog and Mocha and Scout are good lil buddies. Mocha is a better retriever but Scout just follows Mocha's lead and all is well. So they had both just retrieved a duck and brought them back to Randy and his friend. The next time they shoot, Mocha is up right away, looking around for the new fallen bird (Ok, I know...poor duck, what did he ever do to anybody?) Anyways, they had missed so therefore there were no ducks to retrieve. So what does Mocha do...she trots over to Scouts pile and picks up their duck and brings it over and drops it at Randy's feet. I guess she figured if she couldn't retrieve one from the pond, she'd just steal one! Way to go Mocha...trying to impress your friend, eh? So from here on out she will be known as the "Duck Stealer"!

So next time you can't find something you're looking for, just steal it from your neighbor! By the way...I know Sharla will appreciate this story.

6 comments:

Hailey said...

Haha, we have the best dog ever....but we better watch her or she might steal our ducks!!

Jori said...

What a smart dog. She comes through for Randy no matter what.:)

Sharla said...

Three cheers for Mocha-- a dog after my own heart! :) Do you think we could train her to steal cute shoes, or maybe chocolate?

bolingbrokes said...

Master duck catcher or stealer..whatever...love that picture of her..she was totally posing...I wonder where she got that from

Unknown said...

hee hee, that's a dog after my own heart! hilarious!

tara said...

If mocha happens to start sporting a nice underwire...32D...let me know. I still haven't found mine. Darn theiving dog:) FUNNNNNY story:)