Saturday, September 29, 2007

What the...


Today I have been extremely lazy and besides going to a function for my daughter, I've been pretty much on my fanny the whole day. Randy got up at 5:30 AM to go hunt for the day...yes I am married to an outdoors man...he's crazy! There is not one thing I can think of that I would wake up (by choice) that early for. No early morning, day after Thanksgiving sale, no free giveaways at my favorite store, no "you win a lifetime supply of Diet Coke" freebie...Nothing! I like my bed way toooo much and there is nothing better than sleeping in. Ok...back up a sec...I have given it some thought... maybe, just maybe I would wake up at 5:30am if Brad Pitt was coming for waffles and bacon. But remember, I said maybe (he of course would have to leave Angelina behind, she'd spoil the whole damn breakfast (little waif) Wow, that was a lot of parenthesis...sorry!)


But what I was really trying to get to is that in my quest for doing absolutely nothing I got to watch it SNOW! Yes I said snow...it was coming down in big flakes, not slush, but actual snow. It is only September 29...what is happening here? And although I have lived in SLC for many years now, I still hate the snow. I'm good for about 1 week of it (Christmas) but that's it! So in commemoration of this horrendous weather, I dug out my big flannel PJ's and slipped those warm puppies on. Wow, won't Randy be thrilled when he comes home tonight to find me in some sexy flannels...his favorite.

8 comments:

Hayley said...

i definitely agree "what the" last week i was in houston sweating like a whore in church. today - i'm looking for my thermals, so i can stop my body from shaking! no good!

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here at my computer for the 12th time today...in my pajamas, hair in a pony tail, no makeup and I just scarfed down a piece of bread with cheese. I will now make my way back to the couch to sit my lazy butt down to watch a little late night TV...gee I wonder why we are friends

Jori said...

I am with you snow for Christmas and that is it. I am spoiled with my Vegas weather. Sixties in the winter is the way to go. Although I sometimes miss wearing the snuggly jammies, and drinking a little hot chocolate(but only if it's stephen's mmmmm)

Kristi said...

Snow!! That sounds sooo nice...I'm just a wee bit jealous. But, yeah, I'm with you on the 5:30 am business: me and the bed have a very close relationship and not much (even my own born children) get me out of it that early... :)

Hailey said...

Mom..mom...mom.... What am I gonna do with you and your swearing on your blog that your CHILDREN read!!!!???? I am dissapointed.. just stop or I am telling mimi and ruff!!!!!!!!

Melissa said...

Ok, Hailey...I got your message, I will be better from now on! Thanks for being my good example.

Heather said...

I can't believe you guys had snow, that's crazy! It is too hot here though, I need a happy medium!

Jan said...

Yuk yuk yuk. I really don't like snow - I was born and raised in a snowbank in Southern Alberta and I just don't want it anymore. Thank goodness for Austin where it's still in the low 90's. (I'm serious!!)