Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Show 'em how it's done GIRLS!

Yesterday was a sports filled day in the Christensen household! Hannah plays both JV and Varsity volleyball for Bingham (Go Miners) so we tried to watch all her matches...JV won, Varsity lost to rival Riverton...tough loss! Volleyball is one of my favorite sports to watch, NOT play, I am terrible at it! I love to watch Hannah stuff it down their faces...she can hit hard when she wants. At 6 ft 1 she is obviously on the front line and I love to watch her block. Go Hannah, you make us proud...plus she's awful purty:)

Then it's off to coach Hope's soccer team...yes, I did say coach. I know you are probably asking yourselves, "Does she know anything about soccer?" And the answer to that would be NO! But they were so desperate for a coach and after the guy called me like 12 times I said yes, I'll do it but don't expect anything great from me. You see, I think I can play many sports with relative ease (Ok, maybe back in my younger years when I didn't pee anytime I jumped up and down or exerted myself at all!) It just so happens that volleyball and soccer are 2 sports I never played...now basketball, softball, field hockey I could do...just not soccer! But I figured having me as a coach was better than no coach at all. After all, how bad could I mess up...I mean they are only 9, even if they all know much more than me about soccer, I just follow their lead. So far I have been really good at: 1. Learning their names (only 5 kids on the team, one being mine) 2. Being in charge of the snacks 3. Missing a bunch of practices and games while we were on vacation! There, so far so good! Now girls, remember the Cheer we practiced, "Girls RULE, Boys drool...Go, Fight...Hit 'em with a big hard tool" Oh wait...that's not it.

8 comments:

Heather said...

With a cheer like that you will go far in the coaching area! haha My Hannah likes volleyball too, but she is only 8 so no stuffing going on here. Your girls are very pretty. Glad to see you have the 3 basics for good coaching down.

Hayley said...

melissa - i obviously love your girls' names. they're all adorable picks!

Holly O. said...

Is this your 6 foot daughter. Way to go with volleyball, that was my sport of choice back in the day. Tall girls rule!!!

Hailey said...

Excuse me mom, but I would like to point out that I wasn't able to paricipate in this sporty day!!! how rude... to make me babysit. I love watching volleyball~! love hails.

Melissa said...

Yes Hailey, good point! U R a great sister for watching your sick sister so I could watch Han and Hope...you get extra bonus points! Don't tell your sisters but I now like you best :)

Anonymous said...

give parker a call about coaching..he can tell you ALL about the sport..he even has a victory dance! And tell Hannah she never has to be polite when going after that ball-they don't own it, she does so ram it down their throats-there's a scholarship hanging on it!! Your coaching ability comes from me, don't you think.. MamaMia

Lupe said...

You are such a cool mom to coach soccer! LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

your kids rock! and tall girls do rule! (i'm 5'10".) :)