Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Before and After

So this is some of what I did today...The Before...
What a mess... where's the maid when I need her...
And AFTER! Taa-Daa.

This is one of the down sides of having 4 girls...they can usually pass down their clothes but then that requires me to go through everything and see what still fits, what's too worn to keep and what's just Plain Ugly now. After all, my oldest is 16 so what was in style back then really doesn't make the Top Ten list today. Although I try to get them to wear the jeans that buttoned up by the boobs (aka 90's fashion) they just aren't going for it. Plus our closets aren't that big so I am required to stash fall/winter or spring/summer clothes up in boxes. What a pain that is...I usually wait so long to do this nasty task that by the time I get down the clothes they should be wearing, all the pants are now floods or the shirts are too tight.

This is when it'd be nice to have one girl, one boy..."oh darn it, we'll just have to go out and buy you all new clothes for the season." Then box up the old clothes and make a run to DI. Simple as that!

9 comments:

Jill said...

Are you for hire? My kids are off track in a few weeks and cleaning their closets is the first thing on my list. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

there you go again...that's one thing I like about you...you DIG IN and get the job done..impressive!! like father like daughter. MamaMia

Lupe said...

Amazing job! Especially with four girls! Whew!

Hayley said...

i cleaned out my closet yesterday too! crazy. i wasn't passing anything on to any little sisters though, just fat self verses fatter self. and winter/summer organization. i like to have my closet color cooridated. whoa!

Sharla said...

Ooooh, so pretty! I adore a good closet re-do-- I just always wish I wasn't the one doing the re-doing. Ah, motherhood!

Jan said...

Wow! The closets look amazing. Come to my house and do mine too!

Jori said...

Good job! I need to get organized too!

bolingbrokes said...

Wow...you deserve a nap...oh that's right you cant sleep..hee hee

Heather said...

The closet looks great, nice job. I need to do that some around here too. People are just growing too fast!