Friday, September 28, 2007

A Short Conversation

A conversation I had with my 6 year old while driving in Randy's car:

Hudsen: Mom, my lips hurt real bad, does dad have any chapstick in here?

Me: I don't think so, maybe I have some in my purse.

Hudsen: Yeah, dad probably doesn't have any in here...moms are much more prepared!

(Laughing...I find some in my purse, give to child)

Hudsen: Oh thanks, is this yours or dad's?

Me: Mine

Hudsen: Yeah, I was going to be real surprised if it was dad's!

Yeah for us moms...we are always prepared for ANYTHING!
(Including chapped lips)

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Right on Hudsen! Mom's are always on top of that stuff. (Well, you were...I don't think I have any chapstick in my purse. Note to self: Put chapstick in purse so you can look responsible.) She is a cute girl...

Jan said...

Loved the 'my lips hurt real bad' -- it's my favorite quote from Napoleon Dynamite! And I love hearing someone acknowledge that Moms are PREPARED!! Cute, cute, cute!

Jill said...

Last week Cole called home from school wanting me to bring him some chapstick because his lips hurt "real bad".

Not finding me home, he called Tony, and Tony ran him over a tube. I couldn't believe it...I would have told him to just deal with it. Guess I'm a horrible mom.

Tony and I emailed Cole the napolean clip because the whole episode was just too coincidental. We're still laughing about it over here.

bolingbrokes said...

I wonder who thought of naming chapstick chapstick...huh...just a thought.. Love that Hudsen, tell her I really loved her awesome cell phone that played "Popular",I wish I had one

Heather said...

So glad you were prepared for your girl, that's funny!

Unknown said...

my hubby can always be counted on for chapstick. but that's pretty much it. in fact, he lost my debit card yesterday while borrowing it to get the phont number to call the bank to report that he had lost his debit card. holy moly. he's scattered.