Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remember 9/11


This day always gives me a lump in my throat...I can't believe it has been 6 years since this terrible tragedy. I am reminded of the loss that so many suffered and take the time now to count my many blessings. Of course my family is always on the top of my list...Randy, Hannah, Hailey, Hope and Hudsen are just the best I could ask for. My parents, Jim and Maril, my sisters Camille and Angie...thanks for always being there! And countless other family members and friends...how blessed I am to have you in my life. I am proud to be an American and give thanks to my God and loving Savior for the freedoms that I enjoy.

Just for a moment I'd like to go back to the days right after 9/11, when our country came together and stood united, as one, without political divides and with a true love for mankind. Maybe we can start today in our own little lives to make a difference, to truly love our fellow man and neighbor. I'm willing to give it a shot! Thanks again to all those who matter in my life and may you and your family be blessed on this day.

5 comments:

chartut said...

melissa, I thought i would read your blog since we are meeting for your b day lunch. I loved your 911 tribute. I always remember on the real 911 you hung a flag on your door and we talked alot. 911 is such a somber day for me. I love NY so much. I think you are an amazingly funny writer and a good read.love ya char.

Kristi said...

What an incredibly wonderful post, melissa. I loved it...We are so blessed to have our freedom, and I am thankful for the reminder...

tara said...

Sweet post miss. What a day that was.


btw....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!!:)

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! I hope you have a fabulous birthday and a sweet trip to France...Have some French toast and some french fries on me!!! And may your journey be constipation free (shout out Tara!)

Rachel said...

Just wanted to wish you a happy, happy birthday. Hope you have a wonderful day and a great trip. See you when you get back! Thanks for the book recomendations - i love Kite Runner - but I havn't read the other two. Can't wait!