Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Final Days of Summer

Me and Hailey on the tube!




Yesterday we took the boat out for quite possibly the last hoorah of the summer. And even though we are into September it definitely felt like a hot summer day! We enjoyed the lake...tubing around or should I say bouncing around and I even did some water skiing. Though I've noticed as I get older I am less daring as I once was. I don't like to go so fast and haven't gotten the courage to leave the wake. Is this what happens as you head towards your 40's? I also suffered some minor burns on my buttocks as a result of flying out of the tube and skimming across the water. I was with Hope, the more adventurous one, and we went outside the wake (thanks R). It was extremely bouncy and I guess I didn't hang on tight enough and out I went. Meanwhile the tube (with Hope in it) and the boat, continue merrily along without me. The next thing I hear, after me saying, "mother *********", is Hope saying, "THAT WAS AWESOME...Hey, where'd mom go?"

Oh yes, I can't wait to make more happy memories like these...I'll just be the one driving the boat.!



Yes, that is me up on skies!


Randy and Hudsen doing some fishing




Bathing Beauty Hannah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

burns on the behind.. now that is hilarious..you know Randy was just a laughin when you flew out. Funny story miss

tara said...

Way to be a sailor miss. You big potty mouth you...
looks like a GREAT time out on the boat. Go rub some oinment on your hiney. Or have rc do it...it's his fault really...
Have I mentioned how much I love that you are a blogger now? :)

Unknown said...

nice work on the skiis! that is one thing i CANNOT do. it's just impossible for me. looks like a great day!

Holly O. said...

Anyone who can throw down a Queen Mother f'er is a friend of mine!