Saturday, September 1, 2007

Fall Football



It's the first Saturday in September and that means fall and football. So of course we (R and I) took ourselves down to Provo for BYU's opening game. For those of you who know me, you know I am not a huge fan of the Y (ok, I actually hated it while I was there, years ago) but for about 5 years in a row now, my darling husband has purchased season tickets. It's actually not that bad once we get there, it's just the looooong drive down there with every other cougar fan flocking to Provo. Then there is the pre game show to listen to, the post game show on the way home...you get the picture! I actually brought my ipod for some listening pleasure and it wasn't too bad.

Everything was going along splendidly until we got to our seats (that have been moved this year, ugh) and they were smack in the middle of the row. You know if you get there late you will have some pissed off cougar fans heming and hahing at you because they'll be disgusted that they actually have to move their legs to let you in. Once I made it to my actual seat it felt like I had sat down in the middle of 60,000 sweaty armpits! Oh boy, was the smell bad! I wanted to politely shout out, "CAN EVERYONE PLEASE CLAP WITH THEIR ARMS DOWN" It really was that bad and there was absolutely no air moving through that stadium.

But somehow I did survive and actually did enjoy spending the sunny, September afternoon with my lovely hubby!

P.S. I should point out however that I still absolutely REFUSE to wear any blue on my body to a BYU game. I know...I have issues!

P.S.S Disclaimer on this picture...R and I did indulge in a U game last season...and it is possible to like both the Y and the U...Just not when they play each other, which at that point he cheers for the Y and I cheer for the U.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I'm glad you cheer for the U. I knew there was a reason I like you better than RC. :) At least Utah fans don't stink. They're drunk. But they're clean drunks! Go UTES!

tara said...

k. I would have been a dry-heaving FOOL basting in all that smelliness. nasty stinky cougs:)

tara said...

with the exception of rc of course...he's not nasty or stinky.

Unknown said...

the fact that you cheer for th eu is the important part! we're die hard utes at our house! :)