Monday, September 15, 2008

A Wonderful Birthday

It was a great birthday filled with lots of wonderful surprises, dear friends, treats and lots of love! It started out with a yummy breakfast (even included a backscratch from a way too friendly older man) with Tara and Christine (thanks friends) then went on to a Cafe Rio lunch with Heidi, Tiani and Tara, again more FOOD! Then it was out to the Gateway for dinner and shopping with Christine, Kim, Cassie, and Rachel. Afterwards we were able to use the Sanctuary after they were closed for pedicures and pampering. (It sure helps to have a friend who has connections...way to go Chrissy Lou! Thanks.) It really was a fabulous day and all my friends were so great to keep me busy, especially because they knew Randy would be out of town.

The girls getting in touch with their "inner Buddha"

I also got these GORGEOUS flowers from my mom and dad...as soon as I saw them I knew my mom had sent them. She has fantastic taste...glad she passed it on to me :) So all in all, I had a two thumbs up day, even if I did creep that much closer to 40...ugh. So thanks to all of you who made me feel so special and loved on my birthday...love you all!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Rachel said...

That was so much fun! I still get the giggles thinking about that night. Mis - I love you dearly, and I'm so glad that we can get together and just be "girls" everyonce in a while, I know I sure needed a little R&R with my best girlfriends.

Amanda and Ryan McCarty said...

Happy Birthday! I would love a day like that right now. Sounds like you had the perfect day (minus your hubby being gone).

bolingbrokes said...

I enjoyed every minute of your birthday!! lets do it again in a year:) actually, lets do it again in a few weeks... you can never have too many girls night outs!! love ya Missy

Carrie said...

Happy 20th Birthday!!! Wow, what I'd have given to be a fly on that wall in the Sanctuary that night! ha ha!

Alli said...

Happy Birthday!! I miss those birthday luncheons with all the girls! Looks like you had a fun day!
Alli

Jan said...

Happy happy birthday! Sounds like a perfect day and the flowers are beautiful!!

tara said...

glad your day was special. so was the pervy old man's day:)

love you my friend:)

Hayley said...

crap! sorry i missed your birthday! i'm in the middle of some serious caffeine withdrawls! (kinda in my own world, i guess)

glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I'd say you got some Royal Treatment - now that's what friends are for! So how old was the old man who gave you a backrub-do you think you can get me in touch with him next time I'm out there? love you my baby! Mamamia

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

I am so glad that you had a great birthday....I know that it wasn't complete without me there, but I will catch up next time. You all look really relaxed:)