Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dirty Little Secret

I know, it's terribly embarrassing to admit, but it's the truth...I'm hooked on this show. I'm actually DVR'ing the series, "Tori & Dean, Home Sweet Hollywood". But in my defense it happened in a moment of serious weakness. Just a couple of weeks ago, I was feeling a bit down in the dumps and channel surfing...looking for anything that would not require any thinking on my part and wha-lah I stumbled upon this on the Oxygen channel. Normally I would blow right past this reality series, I usually pay no mind to such frivolous and self promoting reality shows, such as this, but for some reason I stopped. Could be that I wanted to see what she was like, that I thought her husband was kinda cute or that I wanted to see if she was bratty and spoiled. Now I was never a watcher of Beverly Hills 90210...so I really have never paid any attention to her, so I didn't know what to expect. And amazingly, she's not really bratty and I like her husband, he's funny and down to earth and is always making some sex remark (reminds me of someone I know) so I sat my butt down and watched for like 3 straight hours. It's kinda like you know you shouldn't be watching it, but you can't help it...I close the blinds so the neighbors can't see and I watch as their lives unfold in front of me. It takes no brain power, I don't have to worry about anything for an hour and it serves absolutely no purpose but pure entertainment...I love it! You should watch, then we could discuss the episodes together...is that going too far...Ok, never mind.

13 comments:

Jill said...

I tivo'ed Tori and Dean So Inn Love. Great mindless babble before bed time. I haven't got caught up with the new season and sadly I don't have it recorded. Maybe you need to have a Tori and Dean party so I can come and catch up.

Kinda makes you want to read her book right??

Jan said...

Actually -- I just finished reading her book "sTori Telling" -- and got the same impression, that she's not a brat. It was kind of fun to read about her life and see that she seems to have her head on straight. I haven't seen the show but now I will!

bolingbrokes said...

shut up...now I know why we are friends..true, mindless, trash watching friends..watched this show yesterday and was laughing my fat behind at her and her comments about the scuba instructor..too funny..hee hee

Carrie said...

that's me, a mom by day and reality tv junkie by night.

Kaesy said...

I'm a sucker for shows like that...for no reason at all...I just love them.

Holly O. said...

I did watch 90210 and I plan to catch the new one on the CW. Tori will have a role...very exciting stuff.

Lupe said...

LOL! Close those blinds and enjoy the ambiance of Tori, her pug and her fam. :)

Hayley said...

i watched 90210. might (read probably) watch the new one. i typically hate reality shows, but - i have got to admit: i watch the denise richards show!!! hate myself for it, but i do!

Heather said...

I've wondered if that was any good. Now I'll have to check it out too.

Rachel said...

Oh I so need a new trashy mindless show to watch now that the Bachelorette is over. I'll check it out! Oh and I was a 90210 watcher so I'm sure I'll love it! Yeah for reality TV!

Kristi said...

All I can say is you are not the only one {wink, wink} I secretly watch this show, too!!! I don't know what it is about them either. And it leaves you feeling a bit dirty afterwards, but it can't be helped. :)

Kristi said...

PS_-your blog looks so cute!

Mindi said...

okay, you have NO IDEA what i just had to go thru to find the "post comment" on your page that for some reason i can't see ANY WRITING ON!!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER??

MUST. KEEP. STALKING. YOU....