Tuesday, November 20, 2007

And the oatmeal went a flyin!

Oh man, I wish I had this one on video...I could have entered it into America's Funniest Home Videos and won a million bucks. So here is the story:

Yesterday I was getting ready to go VT, it was 8:55 and my first appointment is at 9:00. I am starving and so I quickly fix myself a bowl of oatmeal. I am carrying it up the stairs into my room, (cause of course I am not finished getting ready yet) when I proceed to trip on the stairs. I manage to somehow keep my balance and not fall...at least not yet. I continue to walk up the remainder of the stairs and into my room, still trying to get my footing, when I just lost it and went flying! I laid there on my floor, sprawled out, oatmeal was everywhere... I mean everywhere...it was on the bed, under the bed, in my hair...all over! Now I am pissed... I have a mess, I'm going to be late, I'm still not done getting ready and I am hungry! So I don't bother to clean anything up... I just march into the kitchen and fix another bowl of oatmeal, let the dog in and tell her to eat up the oatmeal and finish getting ready. I finally limp out of the house (I really hurt my knee during the fall) bruised and beaten but faithfully doing my time, I mean visiting teaching! The funny thing is that my oatmeal bowl and mess is still under the bed as I walk out the door.

I really wish I would've taken a second to fetch the camera...then I could show you the mess I made. Man, where were my blogging priorities? But I did take a pic of my beautifully bruised knee...look...
So let this be a warning to you... next time you are in a hurry to go visit teaching and are carrying a bowl of oatmeal to your bathroom...wear knee pads!

11 comments:

Kristi said...

Nice one!! :) That cracks me up, Melissa. I love that you got pissed and wouldn't clean it up--take that Oatmeal!!! We'll see who gets the last laugh :)

Hayley said...

ouch! i love that it pissed you off!

Jan said...

Oatmeal everywhere -- yuk. Sorry about the knee - -I did a job on my knee the other day too.

Jori said...

Heeheehe. You are a cutie. Way to eat oatmeal! You healthy girl. I'm usually pounding pop tarts. They aren't too messy during a fall. I love that you let the dog in to clean it up.:) I was thinking that same thing today. Why buy a roomba(is that what they're called?) when you have a doggie. My dog cleans up all kinds of mishaps.

Heather said...

You've gotta love the oatmeal all over the place. Your knee looks sore! Ouch!

Anonymous said...

You are the biggest goofball, but I love it!! I fell in my garage last week and landed on my stairs, the bruise on my behind is huge! I'm just glad I didn't have food in my hands like you!

Anonymous said...

oatmeal under your bed, so what else is new?
A: your bruised knee
B: a dog to clean it up
C: you hurrying to do a church job
E: you getting pissed off - NOT
F: all of the above

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

Thanks for the advice, I will remember that. I think that I should wear knee pads and elbow pads with a helmet everywhere I go, especially when I play tennis:)

Holly O. said...

So, is the oatmeal cleaned out from under the bed now?

Unknown said...

dadgum! sounds like a move i'd bust. those are some impressive bruises. glad you're okay!

Hailey said...

Oh my gosh this makes me laugh like no other! But you should've seen me today.... When I biffed down the stairs all the way! It didn't hurt though, I just laughed until I was laughing until I cried!!!!!!!