Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Someone bring me my Hot Toddie!

I CAN'T SLEEP! Did you hear me...all of you that are snuggled up comfy and cozy in your nice warm beds? Don't you feel sorry for me...I mean this jet lag is seriously kicking my fanny! It has now been 4 nights in a row where I have woken up at various times and can not fall back asleep. Don't you hate when that happens? Lucky for me I just slip on my bunny slippers and sneak downstairs and start blogging. That's another good thing about it (blogging), you don't have to wake anybody up to be entertained (by reading their blogs, of course). I am even taking sleeping pills and I still wake up. Maybe I should take a sleeping pill, a nice fuzzy & warm feeling Valium and a good shot of whiskey...that should do the trick! (Just kidding mom, don't call Betty Ford center on me yet)! I'm sure it doesn't help that Hudsen has come in our room every night since we've been home (she's still sick) and woken us up. Ok, is woken a word...that looks funny, oh well! See what's happening, I can't even blog straight. I miss you sleep...I look forward to being intimate with you once again...I don't think Randy would mind, he'd actually love to join us!
Maybe I can slip in a nap today...TTFN (those of you not familiar with tigger talk, that stands for "ta ta for now"!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

woken: dialectal and alternative British past participle of wake...so you can only use woken if you're in Britain - the rest of the time use awaken or awakened... I got A's in English...mom
ps you know I have a sleep problem so maybe we could play a game of internet speed scrabble sometime when we're both awake at 3:00 am, but don't call me then because what if I'm not awake then I'd be mad at you...just AIM me and if I'm up it's a go

Anonymous said...

Oh mommy, you are so funny...when are you going to join this band wagon and start your own blog? Everyone's doing it...c'mon give it a go!

Thanks for the grammar clarification but I'm still using woken cause I was just recently in Britain!

Angie said...

You two are goof-balls! Is that in the dictionary? If not, it should be with your pictures. Oh, I crack myself up. I've been sleeping great...thanks for asking. It's just when Vince is home and his snoring irritates and interupts my dreams...tonight he's gone...yippeee...no earplugs tonight!

Unknown said...

nothing makes me so angrier than not being able to fall back asleep. especially if my husband is snoring. that sends me off the deep end. best wishes for a good night's sleep tonight!

Heather said...

Oh I hope you sleep better tonight. That is the worst! Yeah, especially when your husband is over there snoring away!!

Holly O. said...

Good luck with the sleep!!

bolingbrokes said...

hush little baby don't say a word, chrissys gonna give you a big fat knock on the head so you'll get some sleep.. I like my version better... I figure nothing else has worked, just have Randy give you a nice little tap and knock you out... love ya miss and good luck tonight...

Anonymous said...

I have my own blogspot, it's called christensenchatter.blogspot.com
it's 2:30 am your time -can't sleep, so I got up to have my hot toddie (hot milk)-so where are you..I'm ready for a game of speed scrabble. Hopefully you're finally getting a good nite's sleep. Oh no, I hear Jim up too -he probably thinks he has to go milk the cows..old habits are hard to break..MamaMia (I'm changing my blog name)

Lupe said...

You are so funny! I hope sleep finds you soon! :)

Jori said...

I hate not being able to sleep! I have little insomnia spells all of the time. I hope you can crash soon.