Friday, August 31, 2007

My virgin blog

Alright already...I'm giving in to peer pressure (well that's no surprise) and creating my own blog! I feel a tremendous amount of fear and anxiety to make this blog interesting enough that anybody else would want to take a look. Sorry, that was a way long sentence! I'll try and be brief from now on. So anyways, my dear friend Tara has got me hooked on this blogging thing, (Thanks my lil friend) so I'll give it a whirl.

For anyone who cares or doesn't know yet, R and I are heading to Paris and London in 2 wks...yipppeee! So I have been reading up on these places, I have about 9 bks on my nightstand and research every night. R is probably getting really sick of me, telling him all about how great it's going to be and how I hope we can communicate with the French, and how I hope they don't hate us too much, (after all we are republican and Americans!) and how I hope I'll be able to find a FOUNTAIN diet coke there for under $20 and so on and so forth! (Sorry, another long sentence) So I am proceeding to tell him some simple french phrases, because of course I speak fluent french...not, so I tell him merci is thank you, no is non and yes is oui. Ok, here is where it gets good; so I pronounce oui like this...(think Chips-Ahoy) and say the oy. That is what I say to him which he replies, "You mean (wee) oui" ? Ok I am such an idiot...of course it is pronounced wee, what was I thinking? He also proceeded to tell me that I am not allowed to do the talking for us while we are there...maybe he's right:)

6 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! I'm the first commenter! Love that you are blogging, but I know exactly how you feel...kinda scary. I'm still shy about my own blog. So I guess you'll be gone for your birthday? Enjoy a pastry on the Champs Eslysses for me. You're going to two of my most favorite cities...maybe we need to talk before you leave.

Melissa said...

Jill...what is your blog? I would love to talk before we go. We leave on the 13th, day after my b-day. I'll call you!

Maril said...

I am so impressed with your knowledge of the new millenium technology of blogging....you go girl!!! will write later-gotta go the grocery store for ingredients for the Lion House Recipe books baked beans...so toot toot I'm on my way..Mom

Rachel said...

Hi Mis - wow we talked about getting into project mode - so impressed. As a non-blogger I really could use some help getting one set up. Let me know where you went to get started. The blog looks great and is a great way to keep updated. Thanks for inspiring me! Have a good day! Love, Rach

Unknown said...

Hi Mis...

Happy to be on your blog list...and if the "we are all republican" stands for You and Randy..fine but don't put me in that circle!! Go Hillary!!
Ron and I love PARIS...we took a barge into Paris on one trip and I felt like Cleopatra...so much fun. Our favorite memory of that trip was going to Crazy Horse...you can check it out in your books. Suz went to school there one semester..we visited the catacombs(interesting) and spent Christmas with her...was great...and even with Suz being fluent...found resturants HARD...so brush up on what you want to order...and FORGET if they will like you..they are fun...live life to the fullest...lets go eat and drink people...whose attitudes come along with the package...you will do fine and they will LOVE you!! It is ever so romantic..a city where you can stay out all night...Ron and I did this once...in Paris....and great people watching...I loved the Left Bank and the Botero statues ...they gave me permission to have yet another french pastry. And... people watch on the avenue where all the designer clothes are made. IT IS MAGICAL.
Suz here Monday..I'll ask her to send you her favorites. Check out onmylist.com and see if anyone has put a listing of Paris favorites...it is newco I helped get started. HAVE FUN...YEA YOU...Oh...ride the subways...how long are you there?..oh I loved the Rodin Museum...and our on our barge trips.we stopped at the Monet Gardens..you can take the train there from Paris..it is a day trip...if you feel the need to get out of the city.

tara said...

you totally CAVED...and boy do I LOVE that you did :) Your first attempt was superb sis c!

RC is wrong on this one...I say he let's you LOOSE in France. oy? that is a freekin' riot. "madame, would you like butter for your croissant?"... "oy, oy!!!" rc better keep you on a leash :)
love you my lil' friend...
I'm so gonna shout you out over on my blog :) YAY!

oh, and glad you are getting some REAL advice about London and Paris. My "bring fiber" warning wasn't all that helpful, I'm afraid :)